Re: Can we do it?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
      The size parameter that we can apply to the graphicbox print command allows any size of grapics to be apportioned across the entire printed page. So I usually decide on te number of pixels I will need to make a good job of the report then draw everything accordingly.

      http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/GraphicPrinting2

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Sarmed" <sarmednafi@...> wrote:

      > Dear Sirs,
      >
      > Two tasks in LB needs a very hard work, one of them is aligns the controls on the window. Fortunately this was solved with free form program.
      > The second is preparing a page to be printed, like accounts page. Suppose we needs to print a report, or a bill. We draw such page first on a graphic box then we post it to printer.
      > When we put much text in a small text box, the text will extends inside the text box. But if that happened with graphic box the text will overlap the next field, therefor we have to measure and calculate, it's really a hard work.
      > When Mike was talked about cm and pixels, I think he was trying to made a program that help us to design a printable form easily, there are only three controls he may use if he going to design such program. They are, field space, horizontal line and vertical line.
      > However now I am asking, (maybe Rod has some answer):
      > Is there a way to take picture bmp of a part of window including its controls and what it displays, then we can print these pictures one after one either on a graphic box or posted to a printer (raw after raw), till we ends printing our report. In this way all the hard work will do by the controls itself.
      > Or if someone (any one) has better idea?
      >
      > Thanks very much

    • Sarmed N.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
        Thank you Rod,

        The link you post, I mean the article is wonderful,
        unfortunately it isn't solve the problem.
        You know there is a limit to reduce the text size, it could
        be hard to read.
        From the article there is something knew for me, the line:
        print #handle, "print [size]" I never know
        from help file what I know from your article about this size is belongs to what?
        Plotted line width, or page width. Now it's clear.
        I was use one of the following:
        print #handle, "print vga"
        print #handle, "print
        svga"
        print #handle, "print xga"
        The way used in the article is: print #1.g, "print
        4960" is very new to me, thanks Rod.
        However this is not solved the problem.
        A new idea comes to me, It's to use a number of graphic
        boxes each one represents a text box, so they are many and low profile to form
        the raw. The program prints the text inside each GB as if they were a text boxes.
        The next step is to copy these GBs and past them on the
        graphic box which going to dump, raw under raw, each page will takes about 37
        to 40 raw it could be a twenty pages or more for one report.
        Is it possible (to copy these GBs and past them on the
        graphic box which going to print,)? If it is possible, please help (How?).

        Regards,
        Sarmed N.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
          I don't understand the need for multiple graphicboxes since one can contain and print up to 5000 pixel width, way more than anyone would normally need.

          The 5000 pixel example code prints c7000 pixels down the page, if you need multiple pages just discard and print a new 5000x7000 page, as many pages as you like.

          Perhaps if you better explained what your report looks like?

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Sarmed N." <sarmednafi@...> wrote:

          > Thank you Rod,
          >
          > The link you post, I mean the article is wonderful,
          > unfortunately it isn't solve the problem.
          > You know there is a limit to reduce the text size, it could
          > be hard to read.
          > From the article there is something knew for me, the line:
          > print #handle, "print [size]" I never know
          > from help file what I know from your article about this size is belongs to what?
          > Plotted line width, or page width. Now it's clear.
          > I was use one of the following:
          > print #handle, "print vga"
          > print #handle, "print
          > svga"
          > print #handle, "print xga"
          > The way used in the article is: print #1.g, "print
          > 4960" is very new to me, thanks Rod.
          > However this is not solved the problem.
          > A new idea comes to me, It's to use a number of graphic
          > boxes each one represents a text box, so they are many and low profile to form
          > the raw. The program prints the text inside each GB as if they were a text boxes.
          > The next step is to copy these GBs and past them on the
          > graphic box which going to dump, raw under raw, each page will takes about 37
          > to 40 raw it could be a twenty pages or more for one report.
          > Is it possible (to copy these GBs and past them on the
          > graphic box which going to print,)? If it is possible, please help (How?).
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sarmed N.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Sarmed N.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
            > I don't understand the need for multiple graphicboxes since one can contain and print up to 5000 pixel width, way more than anyone would normally need.

            Yes, dear Rod
            I know you will not understand this type of need. I explain the main problem when I said will over lap the next field, from your previous replay I understand the problem was not clear to you.
            We use a wide form to inter data (invoice bill for example), wider than the screen, so sub form and a horizontal scroll bar is necessary, as we always do with MS Access, when we print the report which is comes from many different forms, there is too much text, we can't print all what text box contain, we only print the beginning of it (in reports it's OK) only  in this way the A4 paper can hold the report with suitable size letter to read. So if I use (as I did before) only one graphic box, I have to measure and cut the remaining text or it will over lap the next field and damage the printing object.
            I hope this clears the problem,
            if you don't mined show me if I can copy whats appear (only what's appear) in a GB, and print it in specific location in another GB. I will take care of the rest.
            If you have some better way, we can talk about it. Don't forget I have to turn the direction to be RTL and the letters we use locally are not fixed width. They are all as Stefan said layers of complexities.

            Thank you Rod

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
              Am 09.07.2013 22:14, schrieb Rod:
              > I don't understand the need for multiple graphicboxes since one can contain and print up to 5000 pixel width, way more than anyone would normally need.
              >
              > The 5000 pixel example code prints c7000 pixels down the page, if you need multiple pages just discard and print a new 5000x7000 page, as many pages as you like.
              >
              > Perhaps if you better explained what your report looks like?

              It seems to be all about placement, but we do have the PLACE command.

              Wrapping text can be done with the STRINGWIDTH command, so I see no
              reason to build a report using GUI widgets.

            • Sarmed N.
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
                Rod,

                The command GetBmp can solve the problem.
                Thanks for your response.

                Regards,
                Sarmed

                ________________________________
                I don't understand the need for multiple graphicboxes since one can contain and print up to 5000 pixel width, way more than anyone would normally need.

                The 5000 pixel example code prints c7000 pixels down the page, if you need multiple pages just discard and print a new 5000x7000 page, as many pages as you like.

                Perhaps if you better explained what your report looks like?

                --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Sarmed N." <sarmednafi@...> wrote:

                > Thank you Rod,
                >
                > The link you post, I mean the article is wonderful,
                > unfortunately it isn't solve the problem.
                > You know there is a limit to reduce the text size, it could
                > be hard to read.
                > From the article there is something knew for me, the line:
                > print #handle, "print [size]" I never know
                > from help file what I know from your article about this size is belongs to what?
                > Plotted line width, or page width. Now it's clear.
                > I was use one of the following:
                > print #handle, "print vga"
                > print #handle, "print
                > svga"
                > print #handle, "print xga"
                > The way used in the article is: print #1.g, "print
                > 4960" is very new to me, thanks Rod.
                > However this is not solved the problem.
                > A new idea comes to me, It's to use a number of graphic
                > boxes each one represents a text box, so they are many and low profile to form
                > the raw. The program prints the text inside each GB as if they were a text boxes.
                > The next step is to copy these GBs and past them on the
                > graphic box which going to dump, raw under raw, each page will takes about 37
                > to 40 raw it could be a twenty pages or more for one report.
                > Is it possible (to copy these GBs and past them on the
                > graphic box which going to print,)? If it is possible, please help (How?).
                >
                > Regards,
                > Sarmed N.
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Sarmed N.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
                    Yes getbmp and drawbmp.

                    'This pastes multiple small bg images into one large page
                    'I would say it may be easier to draw everything to one gb
                    nomainwin
                    WindowWidth = 800
                    WindowHeight = 400
                    UpperLeftX = (DisplayWidth-WindowWidth)/2
                    UpperLeftY = (DisplayHeight-WindowHeight)/2
                    graphicbox #1.p, 450,50,300,300
                    graphicbox #1.g, 50,50,300,300
                    open "Graphics Printing" for window_nf as #1
                    #1 "trapclose [quit]"

                    #1.g "down ; color black ; font ariel 72"
                    #1.p "down"
                    z=1

                    for y=0 to 900 step 300
                    for x=0 to 600 step 300
                    'draw your graphics
                    #1.g "cls ; place 50 100 ;\";z
                    'getbmp the drawing, you can only getbmp what
                    'you can see on screen
                    'note that I avoided the border by getbmping
                    'the pixels inside the border
                    #1.g "getbmp bmp 1 1 297 297"
                    'draw it in its new printing position
                    #1.p "drawbmp bmp ";x;" ";y
                    z=z+1
                    next x
                    next y

                    print #1.p, "flush"
                    print #1.p, "print 900"

                    wait

                    [quit]
                    close #1
                    end
                  • Sarmed N.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
                      Thank you Rod, thanks for the help.

                      ________________________________
                      #1 "trapclose [quit]"

                      #1.g "down ; color black ; font ariel 72"
                      #1.p "down"
                      z=1

                      for y=0 to 900 step 300
                      for x=0 to 600 step 300