Re: [libertybasic] Re: pb11

  • Henrik
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 29, 2013
      Latino! I don’t
      know where from the name came! Anyway, it is not a LB code, it is an MS DOS code,
      and it contains a series of
      DOS commands, it was sent by Sarmed and it is working exactly as he described
      it.
      You can paste it on a
      word pad or even a LB editor, but you have to change the extension to *.bat
      Double click will create a folder named “Privet” another double click a command prompt will ask you if you want to lock
      the folder, if yes then the folder will be hidden.
      The third double click
      will ask you to enter P.W, so if you use “pass” as a P.W, the folder will be
      shown.

      It is wrong to call it
      bat file although the extension is bat. It is called batch file.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 30, 2013
        I think the best way to keep saving data with updating to
        the last moment and instant backup, is to use external H.D with mirroring.

        With mirroring the replication of logical disk volumes onto
        separate physical hard disks is done in real time to ensure continuous
        availability.
        So if you save or delete something on the internal HD of the
        computer, the same thing will happen in the external HD instantly
        I believe it deserve to read about it.
        Regards

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 1, 2013
          > I believe it deserve to read about it.

          Thank you Henrik,

          Have you any link under your hand?

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 1, 2013
            Some problems
            of using mirroring are that the drives have to be the same size. Some solutions
            will simply use the smaller size and ignore the extra space.
            And, all
            files on the drives are backed-up, including temp files. That's a lot more
            overhead.
            If you Google “HDD mirroring software" you may find a lot for free.

            Here is a useful
            link to read about the software

            http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17926/use-drive-mirroring-for-instant-backup-in-windows-7/

            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 2, 2013