Re: [libertybasic] Re: pb11

  • Henrik
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 27, 2013
      Having a
      good and strong secured lock for the house door doesn't mean the key must be
      lost.
      You my generalize this principle to files security.
      I always
      have additional USB HD to save all necessary files.

      Regards

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 29, 2013
        Latino! I don’t
        know where from the name came! Anyway, it is not a LB code, it is an MS DOS code,
        and it contains a series of
        DOS commands, it was sent by Sarmed and it is working exactly as he described
        it.
        You can paste it on a
        word pad or even a LB editor, but you have to change the extension to *.bat
        Double click will create a folder named “Privet” another double click a command prompt will ask you if you want to lock
        the folder, if yes then the folder will be hidden.
        The third double click
        will ask you to enter P.W, so if you use “pass” as a P.W, the folder will be
        shown.

        It is wrong to call it
        bat file although the extension is bat. It is called batch file.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 30, 2013
          I think the best way to keep saving data with updating to
          the last moment and instant backup, is to use external H.D with mirroring.

          With mirroring the replication of logical disk volumes onto
          separate physical hard disks is done in real time to ensure continuous
          availability.
          So if you save or delete something on the internal HD of the
          computer, the same thing will happen in the external HD instantly
          I believe it deserve to read about it.
          Regards

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 1, 2013
            > I believe it deserve to read about it.

            Thank you Henrik,

            Have you any link under your hand?

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 1, 2013
              Some problems
              of using mirroring are that the drives have to be the same size. Some solutions
              will simply use the smaller size and ignore the extra space.
              And, all
              files on the drives are backed-up, including temp files. That's a lot more
              overhead.
              If you Google “HDD mirroring software" you may find a lot for free.

              Here is a useful
              link to read about the software

              http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17926/use-drive-mirroring-for-instant-backup-in-windows-7/

              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 2, 2013