Re: [libertybasic] Re: pb11

  • mike -
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 25, 2013
      Yo Henrik,

      You wrote, "...The code has many mistakes..."
      That many?
      If you care (not dare), can you list down at least 5 of them?

      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 25, 2013
        > you can click folder option=>select the radio button of Show hidden
        > files---=>uncheck the check box of Hide protected operating system files---.
        > All hidden
        > file will be shown, or you can use attrib  –s –h in MS DOS to show a certain file permanently.
        > So to make a
        > file as a “Hidden System” is not a real hidden, there is a freeware called My
        > Lockbox, it really hides a file absolutely but I don’t know it works.

        Henrik,

        I had a friend, at the early days we were in
        secondary school he decided to make a lock to his wooden drawer in his desk
        table, he make the lock with a key. Next day he lost the key so he break the
        lock easily, he said to himself the lock must be hard to break, this time I
        will made the lock stronger, he did. This story happened to him three or four
        times, at last he destroy the drawer face. After all these decades, we look to
        the old desk table and laugh at the destroyed drawer face.
        One day I see a 24 years man or so, turn around the
        PC technicians, asking them to help, the account files were on his Lap Top hard
        drive the hard drive stop working (failed), he wants someone open the hard
        drive, remove the disk, and put it instead of a new disk hard drive he bought.
        Look how much big disaster he had to do that. He was ready to pay to save his
        files. He was don't care if the new hard disk destroyed for this operation.
        I wonder you want to hide your data files forever!,
        you will lost them soon or later.
        Some viruses hide their files with a special way of
        compression, we discover these files using WINRAR program. Or Linux operating
        system.
        Whatever way you use to hide your files, you have to
        make a pack up file, to save your data if the machine was broken, and this file
        must be not hidden.
        All data base programmers knows very well they have
        not to choose to hurt the user, it's a crime, one way to do that by hide the
        data file in a way he can't find them.

        Regards

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 27, 2013
          Hey Mike

          Firstly, you
          seem, you are interpreting the sentence I wrote “The code has many mistakes”, in a wrong way. I did not mean you are not
          doing well.
          If
          your code fcq46 is copied,
          it will not run unless all correction is done.

          Secondly, you
          may go back to your concerned messages dated Feb 12, 2013  8:42 am
          REPLACE 1 LINE:
          dim info$(10, 10)
          WITH:
          dim info$(1,1)

          REPLACE 3 LINES:
          'if file exists, then name of file=qz$
          if fileExists(DefaultDir$,qzFile$) then
          qz$=info$(1,0)
          qz$=info$(1,0) :qzlen=len(qz$)
          :qz$=mid$(qz$,4,qzlen-7)+ " Quiz"
          WITH:
          'if file exists, then name of file=file$
          if fileExists(DefaultDir$,qzFile$) then
          file$=info$(1,0):qz$=left$(file$,3)+"."

          REPLACE 1 LINE:
          #w.Lbx "hide" :#w.topic
          "!show" :#w.topic qz$+"- ";topic$
          WITH:
          #w.Lbx "hide" :#w.topic
          "!show" :#w.topic word$(file$,1,".")+"-- "+topic$

          And your message dated Feb 13, 2013   7:27 am

          PLEASE REPLACE:
          sub pause delay
          stTime = time$("ms")
          while time$("ms") <<<<
          WEND is missing
          WITH:
          sub pause delay
          stTime = time$("ms")
          while time$("ms")<stTime+delay:
          wend
          end sub
          function fileExists(path$,filename$)
          files path$, filename$, info$()
          fileExists = val(info$(0, 0))
          end function

          1) "dim info$(1,1)" is enough for this
          program.
          "dim info$(10, 10)" is too high.

          2) The other two corrections are NOT necessry if
          the user is saving his quiz
          files as, for example:
          01-History
          02-Geography

          Instead, if the quiz files are saved as:
          History
          Geography
          then the two corrections ARE necessary.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 27, 2013
            Having a
            good and strong secured lock for the house door doesn't mean the key must be
            lost.
            You my generalize this principle to files security.
            I always
            have additional USB HD to save all necessary files.

            Regards

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 27, 2013
              Sarmed

              To have a good and strong
              secured lock for the house door doesn't mean the key must be lost.

              I always have additional
              USB HD to backup all necessary files. and everybody has his own way to keep his files safely.

              Regards

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 27, 2013
                All relevant corrections were indeed made and posted as fcq47 and fcq48, but you picked an older version.

                Is what happens when you echo NNN's "Breaking News" broadcast which is notorious for transmitting crap.

                Let's forget about fcq46. Your previous echo was something about "Latino". Is it a real LB program that worked for you?

                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 28, 2013
                  > I always have additional> USB HD to backup all necessary files. and everybody has his own way to keep his files safely.

                  We all not sure if these equipment are safe, one day I use USB flash of 8G after 15 minute it stopped working forever.

                  > To have a good and strong
                  > secured lock for the house door doesn't mean the key must be lost.

                  The problem is not losing the key. The problem is losing the data files itself.
                  The problem is the operating system, doesn't give us that degree of security, any one can boot to PC using a boot-able float operating system and take what he want. Of-course such type of operating systems are out of windows standards.
                  Do you know what wee need "we" the users of LB for database security, we need a folder the program can access to files inside but the user can not without a password. All third party programs prevent any object from accessing inside the folder. Create such folders are under responsibility of operating system.
                  The backup files always don't imply the last records, remember the numbers in last records represents Dollars.

                  You know how MS secure data files in Access, they encrypt them and all files joined together into one file. Access open them some where I don't know where. We just see the backup file as soon as we start. One day the PC crash while I am using Access, I lost all last records I entered.

                  For me the best place to keep my data files safe is inside a good quality flash memory, and the best place for the backup files is in the PC it self. Including many precaution must be taken to protect PC electrically.

                  Regards,

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 29, 2013
                    Latino! I don’t
                    know where from the name came! Anyway, it is not a LB code, it is an MS DOS code,
                    and it contains a series of
                    DOS commands, it was sent by Sarmed and it is working exactly as he described
                    it.
                    You can paste it on a
                    word pad or even a LB editor, but you have to change the extension to *.bat
                    Double click will create a folder named “Privet” another double click a command prompt will ask you if you want to lock
                    the folder, if yes then the folder will be hidden.
                    The third double click
                    will ask you to enter P.W, so if you use “pass” as a P.W, the folder will be
                    shown.

                    It is wrong to call it
                    bat file although the extension is bat. It is called batch file.

                    ________________________________
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 30, 2013
                      I think the best way to keep saving data with updating to
                      the last moment and instant backup, is to use external H.D with mirroring.

                      With mirroring the replication of logical disk volumes onto
                      separate physical hard disks is done in real time to ensure continuous
                      availability.
                      So if you save or delete something on the internal HD of the
                      computer, the same thing will happen in the external HD instantly
                      I believe it deserve to read about it.
                      Regards

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 1, 2013
                        > I believe it deserve to read about it.

                        Thank you Henrik,

                        Have you any link under your hand?

                        ________________________________

                        > I always have additional> USB HD to backup all necessary files. and everybody has his own way to keep his files safely.

                        We all not sure if these equipment are safe, one day I use USB flash of 8G after 15 minute it stopped working forever.

                        > To have a good and strong
                        > secured lock for the house door doesn't mean the key must be lost.

                        For me the best place to keep my data files safe is inside a good quality flash memory, and the best place for the backup files is in the PC it self. Including many precaution must be taken to protect PC electrically.

                        Regards,

                      • Henrik
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jul 1, 2013
                          Some problems
                          of using mirroring are that the drives have to be the same size. Some solutions
                          will simply use the smaller size and ignore the extra space.
                          And, all
                          files on the drives are backed-up, including temp files. That's a lot more
                          overhead.
                          If you Google “HDD mirroring software" you may find a lot for free.

                          Here is a useful
                          link to read about the software

                          http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17926/use-drive-mirroring-for-instant-backup-in-windows-7/

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jul 2, 2013