Re: [libertybasic] Re: Phone Book Code

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 20 11:25 AM
      Am 19.06.2013 22:27, schrieb Henrik:
      > I am applying the method I
      > found it in the net “how to make portable by WinZip”, but while making portable,
      > I have notice there are many options rather than I apply, so I will study them,
      > as you said, it deserve to be studied and I might find some way to have it keep
      > and save changes, because I am confused why WinZip do care with all files
      > except data file.

      The WinZip executable archive doesn't care for any file, it is just
      extracting the files temporarily, executes the specified EXE and deletes
      all files after the extracted and launched application finished.

      The archive is just a regular ZIP file with added code to extract the
      contained files on execution, run the specified EXE and delete all files
      when finished.

      You usually need a specialized wrapper to have an application with
      changed data files being preserved.

    • Henrik
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 21 12:11 PM
        Thank you Stefan for this information.