Re: [libertybasic] Re: calibrate

  • Sarmed N.
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2013
      Why should I measure in cm?
      I usually measures in pixels?
      Where is the necessity to measure in cm? The wide of screen? It is in pixels in normal!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 20, 2013
        Because I didn't find any screen ruler that allows me to calibrate in pixels directly.
        Like you and everybody else, I too measures in pixels.

        To start off the calibration procedure that I am introducing, it is necessary to measure the test length in cm, compare it with the actual pixel length, expand/compress the ruler till its mm reading matches the actual pixel length. (In my example, 500 mm=500 pixels)
        Done. Eureka!

        By the way, the 'Wrap' single-file exe does allow updates. In a separate test, it also allowed a folder of BMPs. Didn't you test-run the zip I posted?

        You posted some code. What language was that? Latino? Filipino? Mexicano?

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 20, 2013
          Am 20.06.2013 12:16, schrieb green8819:

          > Because I didn't find any screen ruler that allows me to calibrate in pixels directly.
          > Like you and everybody else, I too measures in pixels.

          It should be fairly easy to build your own ruler.

          1) use a popup graphics window in the size of the screen
          2) make the background of the window transparent
          3) use rubber-banding to create the measurement line

          The API function for transparent background should be available on of
          the wikis.

        • Sarmed N.
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 20, 2013
            > Because I didn't find any screen ruler that allows me to calibrate in pixels directly.
            > Like you and everybody else, I too measures in pixels.
            You only needs to calibrate when you going to print the picture from screen to a paper. So you needs to draw in cm and the ruler give you in pixels.
            If there is another reason please let us know.
            The ruler REGLO has a calibrated zoom, the zoom value can multiply or divide by a factor to get the equal pixels for a cm.

            >  it is necessary to measure the test length in cm, compare it with the actual pixel length
            Why should you compare?
            Is it because we usually do that as a habit? then we need to shift our mind a little!
            Or may be there is another reasons, I really want to know it.
            Are you going to print?
            If the answer, you like to measure and compare, just you like that. Then I can understand that.

            >  the 'Wrap' single-file exe does allow updates.
            Yes, but the operation of compress and decompress, happen with a risk of some error could cause by electric noise for example.
            More over you can copy all files in run time, what do then the single file exe.
            The iexepress opens the files in temp directory. Any one can reach it easily.

            This a patch file of MSDOS you just paste it in notepad then (save as) give it a name and change the extension to bat. Double click on it you will see a folder created then double click on patch will ask you do you want to hide the folder ... etc
            Such type of files can delete the window folder in c partition, the operating system looking like stupid, then after the all window folder deleted XP keeps work but in slow motion. After restart windows will be broken.

            ________________________________
            Because I didn't find any screen ruler that allows me to calibrate in pixels directly.
            Like you and everybody else, I too measures in pixels.

            To start off the calibration procedure that I am introducing, it is necessary to measure the test length in cm, compare it with the actual pixel length, expand/compress the ruler till its mm reading matches the actual pixel length. (In my example, 500 mm=500 pixels)
            Done. Eureka!

            By the way, the 'Wrap' single-file exe does allow updates. In a separate test, it also allowed a folder of BMPs. Didn't you test-run the zip I posted?

            You posted some code. What language was that? Latino? Filipino? Mexicano?

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Sarmed N." <sarmednafi@...> wrote:

            > Why should I measure in cm?
            > I usually measures in pixels?
            > Where is the necessity to measure in cm? The wide of screen? It is in pixels in normal!

          • Henrik
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
              You may download this useful multiunit ruler including pixels

              http://www.melanto.com/wonderwebware.com/ScreenRulerSetup.exe