Re: [libertybasic] Re: Phone Book Code

  • Henrik
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
      I am applying the method I
      found it in the net “how to make portable by WinZip”, but while making portable,
      I have notice there are many options rather than I apply, so I will study them,
      as you said, it deserve to be studied and I might find some way to have it keep
      and save changes, because I am confused why WinZip do care with all files
      except data file.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 20, 2013
        Am 19.06.2013 22:27, schrieb Henrik:
        > I am applying the method I
        > found it in the net “how to make portable by WinZip”, but while making portable,
        > I have notice there are many options rather than I apply, so I will study them,
        > as you said, it deserve to be studied and I might find some way to have it keep
        > and save changes, because I am confused why WinZip do care with all files
        > except data file.

        The WinZip executable archive doesn't care for any file, it is just
        extracting the files temporarily, executes the specified EXE and deletes
        all files after the extracted and launched application finished.

        The archive is just a regular ZIP file with added code to extract the
        contained files on execution, run the specified EXE and delete all files
        when finished.

        You usually need a specialized wrapper to have an application with
        changed data files being preserved.

      • Henrik
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
          Thank you Stefan for this information.