Re:

  • paradisejb
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 11, 2013
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "jurgen" <dovejurgen@...> wrote:

      > Sorry is already deleted.
      > I'll try again.

      jurgen;

      In the listing I just posted, if you are viewing this on a computer screen, you
      can select "Use Fixed Width Font" under Options and see the indentation for
      the listing which will make it easier to follow.
    • jurgen
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
        Thanks,

        Some things are wrong

        It didn't remove the last number
        I want the last 60 tickets,not the first 60

        And there is an error:

        (i) These handles closed by Liberty basic
        add the appropriate close commands.

        runtime error:subscript out of range:101 t$()
      • paradisejb
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "jurgen" <dovejurgen@...> wrote:

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Some things are wrong
          >
          > It didn't remove the last number
          > I want the last 60 tickets,not the first 60
          >
          > And there is an error:
          >
          > (i) These handles closed by Liberty basic
          > add the appropriate close commands.
          >
          > runtime error:subscript out of range:101 t$()

          This comment is wrong:
          dim t$(100) 'set up an array large enough for number of tickets to modify
          It should say 'set up an array large enough for number of tickets in file.
          If your file has 500 tickets, dim t$(600) would cover it, for instance.

          Maybe some confusion between #i ,("eye")and #1 , ("one"). Might want to check that.

          If it doesn't work, post your listing and a sample of the ticket file.
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
            Am 14.06.2013 15:47, schrieb paradisejb:

            >> It didn't remove the last number
            >> I want the last 60 tickets,not the first 60

            To get the last 60 lines, you need to first count all lines in the file
            and then do a second run, where you skip the first lines until you
            encounter the 60th line from the back.

            It is not easy to read a file from the back to front.

          • Lorne Russell
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
              'here's another way to get last 60 lines in file

              dim lastlines$(60)
              numlines=0
              open "file.txt" for input as #infile

              [read]
              if eof(#infile)<0 then [alldone]
              line input #infile, g$
              numlines=numlines+1
              if numlines<60 then lastlines$(numlines)=g$ : goto [read]

              for x=2 to 60
              lastlines$(x-1)=lastlines$(x)
              next x
              lastlines$(60)=g$ : goto [read]

              [alldone]
              close #infile
              'do whatever you want now

              Lorne Russell

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
                --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Lorne Russell" <lorneokb@...> wrote:

                > 'here's another way to get last 60 lines in file
                >
                > dim lastlines$(60)
                > numlines=0
                > open "file.txt" for input as #infile
                >
                > [read]
                > if eof(#infile)<0 then [alldone]
                > line input #infile, g$
                > numlines=numlines+1
                > if numlines<60 then lastlines$(numlines)=g$ : goto [read]
                >
                > for x=2 to 60
                > lastlines$(x-1)=lastlines$(x)
                > next x
                > lastlines$(60)=g$ : goto [read]
                >
                > [alldone]
                > close #infile
                > 'do whatever you want now
                >
                > Lorne Russell

                This seems to extract the lines beginning at line 60 rather than the last 60 lines in the file.
              • Lorne Russell
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
                  Well there was one line wrong Should read

                  if numlines<61 then .......

                  Try this – grabs last 60 numbers
                  --------------------------

                  open "file.txt" for output as #outfile
                  for x=1 to 100
                  g$=str$(x)
                  print #outfile, g$
                  next x
                  close #outfile

                  dim lastlines$(60)
                  numlines=0
                  open "file.txt" for input as #infile

                  [read]
                  if eof(#infile)<0 then [alldone]
                  line input #infile, g$
                  numlines=numlines+1
                  if numlines<61 then lastlines$(numlines)=g$ : goto [read]

                  for x=2 to 60
                  lastlines$(x-1)=lastlines$(x)
                  next x
                  lastlines$(60)=g$ : goto [read]

                  [alldone]
                  close #infile
                  'do whatever you want now

                  for x=1 to 60
                  print lastlines$(x)
                  next x

                  end
                  --------------

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
                    Still not working to take the last 60 tickets en remove the bonus number but thanks everyone.
                  • jurgen
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
                      I mean example 1 is taking the last 60 tickets but didn't remove the bonus number.
                    • green8819
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
                        Hello all,
                        If you don't mind, please continue the series with a new title called "tickets".
                        Thanks.