Re: [libertybasic] windows constants

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
      Am 07.06.2013 04:51, schrieb Larry Lowe:
      > Does anyone know if there is a Windows _WM_ constant that will insert text or a string into a created Windows text editor which uses user32dll? I know there is cut copy paste and undo, but i want to insert foreign characters into the text that cannot be typed via keyboard.
      >
      > I personally do not know how to open and manipulate dll files. Am using code a text editor control i got from the Alyce's restaurant site. I took from it just what was required to make the text editor control function. I just added my existing code around it so that my program would have word wrap capability. I did not use the file saving and loading routines as i had my own built into my program already.

      Depending on the API functions used, replace those with a trailing A (
      =ANSI) with the ones ending in a W (= wide characters).

      This will allow you to send Unicode strings to the control, which
      display foreign characters.

    • larryrl@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
        I already have the font i need i just need to know the code to take that string which holds the ascii character and insert it into the editor like we do with the liberty basic texteditor using the !insert command. I know there has to be a way to do it. At least one that i can understand.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      • Sarmed N.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
          Try this,
          The font must be a font not a symbol font,
          The Language  must be supported by MS Windows,
          So you must set the second key board in your machine to that language,
          doing that from regeonal setting of control panel.
          If you use Win7, use font of type MS_Sans_Serif for text editor, there is no font can help you but this.
          then try send to the control, I hope you will succeed. As it is succeeds with complex script.

          good luck