MINIMIZE

  • Sarmed
    Message 1 of 9 , May 23, 2013
      Dear Sir,

      The following sentence works but the MINIMIZE not worked, under Win7. Is it normal or I make some mistake?

      run "Token.exe 2 "; filename$, MINIMIZE

      Where
      The Token.exe is the run engine for token files.
      2 is argument of command line.
      filename$ holding the complete path and file name.
      MINIMIZE which the question about it.

      Regards,
      Sarmed
    • green8819
      Message 2 of 9 , May 24, 2013
        You may be right: MINIMIZE does not work in Win7.

        The following works:
        run "notepad "; filename$ (without MINIMIZE)

        Your "Token.exe 2" is strange.
        Example "MyBas.tkn" sounds better.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 24, 2013
          This runs perfectly well for me, .txt file rod.txt is opened by notepad and sits minimized on the taskbar.

          filename$="rod.txt"
          run "notepad "; filename$ ,MINIMIZE
        • Sarmed N.
          Message 4 of 9 , May 24, 2013
            Hello Mike,

            Thank you for response, nothing strange mike, the name not real I just chose it to reflects the exists of both the exe run engine and the normal token.
            However I use the style bit instead of MINIMIZE command.

            Regards,

            ________________________________
            You may be right: MINIMIZE does not work in Win7.

            The following works:
            run "notepad "; filename$ (without MINIMIZE)

            Your "Token.exe 2" is strange.
            Example "MyBas.tkn" sounds better.

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Sarmed" <sarmednafi@...> wrote:

            > Dear Sir,
            >
            > The following sentence works but the MINIMIZE not worked, under Win7. Is it normal or I make some mistake?
            >
            > run "Token.exe 2 "; filename$, MINIMIZE
            >
            > Where
            > The Token.exe is the run engine for token files.
            > 2 is argument of command line.
            > filename$ holding the complete path and file name.
            > MINIMIZE which the question about it.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Sarmed

          • Henrik
            Message 5 of 9 , May 24, 2013
              To me, this is work OK under
              Win7
              nomainwin
              RUN "NOTEPAD min.txt", SHOWMINIMIZED

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , May 24, 2013
                Dear Rod,

                The only examples in help file works fine, if a user program not system program seems no result with MINIMIZE. Of course we run the program first in it's normal format then in token, I put MINIMIZE then change into token without test because I am sure it will work, as it works with notepad!

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , May 24, 2013
                  So is it working now? Can you post the code for other readers?
                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Sarmed N." <sarmednafi@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Mike,
                  >
                  > Thank you for response, nothing strange mike, the name not real I just chose it to reflects the exists of both the exe run engine and the normal token.
                  > However I use the style bit instead of MINIMIZE command.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Sarmed N.
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 24, 2013
                    Yes Rod,
                    I upload smd-code_book_59.zip  in file section, any one can find the code folder in the zip. If you run search_PC and chose save as topic, either if the program going to save it as a real topic or as a text file attached to only name of a topic, the code_book will be opened in MINIMIZE using a style bit triggered by a number pass through command line.
                    Thanks to you, Stefan, Richard, Fred K6DGW, and all who answered my questions.

                    Sarmed

                    ________________________________
                    So is it working now? Can you post the code for other readers?
                    --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Sarmed N." <sarmednafi@...> wrote:

                    > Hello Mike,
                    >
                    > Thank you for response, nothing strange mike, the name not real I just chose it to reflects the exists of both the exe run engine and the normal token.
                    > However I use the style bit instead of MINIMIZE command.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Sarmed N.
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 24, 2013
                      > So is it working now? Can you post the code for other readers?

                      Sure,

                      ...   ...   ...
                      ...   ...   ...
                         CommandLine$ = lower$(CommandLine$)
                          if
                      (val(word$(CommandLine$, 2))=2) OR (val(word$(CommandLine$, 2))=5) then
                              stylebits
                      #w, _WS_MINIMIZE, 0, 0, 0
                              End if
                      open DefaultDir$+"\"+"SMD-Code Book
                      5.9" for window As #w
                      ...   ...   ...
                      ...   ...   ...

                      The above part of the code is the window open statement
                      of LB program, the style bit activates only when one of two keys comes with
                      command line which opens this program.
                      The following is the command line in other program.

                      '-----
                      run "smd-code_book_59.exe 5 "; filename$
                      '-----

                      The spaces are critical must in correct.

                      Regards