Re: [libertybasic] Re: New Member needing assistance

    Message 1 of 9 , May 9, 2013
      Am 09.05.2013 23:24, schrieb Ivor:
      > Hi Rod, Thanks for the info, I am still having problems. I installed the update, I can now read the help file, but am still getting an error when I try to run the JBasic program.

      Did you change the DEP setting according to
      http://justbasic.wikispaces.com/Installing_on_Vista ?

      Message 2 of 9 , May 10, 2013
        How to change Data Execution Prevention (DEP) settings in Windows 7 and 8 for
        Liberty BASIC or Just BASIC.

        Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a feature that protects our systems from
        viruses and other security threats. Most computer systems are shipped with DEP
        set to protect essential windows programs only. This allows other programs like
        Just BASIC to read and write to memory and files. Some systems are shipped with
        DEP set to protect all programs and so Just BASIC is prevented from running.

        If you are in an office or corporate environment you will need to speak to your
        system administrators and discuss changing the DEP setting. If it is a home
        computer it's your choice.

        To change Data Execution Prevention settings in Windows 7 follow these simple
        steps:

        1) Right click on the Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties.

        2) The System window opens now. Here click the Advanced system settings link in
        the left pane.

        3) The System Properties window opens now. Here click the SettingsĀ… button under
        Performance section under Advanced tab

        4) The Performance Options dialog box opens now. Here select Data Execution
        Prevention tab and then click on the dot to Turn on DEP for essential windows
        programs and services only

        5) Click Apply and Ok and your done.

        To change Data Execution Prevention settings in Windows 8 follow these simple
        steps:

        1) Press Windows key + x, a popup list appears at lower left of your screen

        2) Select System from the list, a windows opens to view basic info about your computer

        3) Select Advanced System Settings in the left hand pane

        4) Click on Settings under the Performance pane, a Performance Options window opens

        5) Click on the Data Execution Preventions tab, click on the dot to Turn on DEP for essential programs and services only

        6 Click on Apply and OK and you are done
      • Ivor
        Message 3 of 9 , May 10, 2013
          Hi all,
          that was the last piece of the puzzle, all systems go. Thanks for being patient with me.
          Just in case you were wondering,I have been using JBasic to plot my metal detecting finds GPS Coordinates onto a field layout.
          My old GPS has a fault on the pinpoint part, so I had to add a correction factor to get the coordinates right.
          What sorts of stuff have you been using Liberty basic for ?

          Warm regards,

          Ivor Cogdell
          Birmingham UK