Virtual machine stack overflow

  • auburnham53
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2013
      My application consists of two windows to act as a visual interface to a 40-station irrigation controller constructed using Hamstack components. The controller will accommodate 32 separate irrigation "programs" [i.e. schedules]. Testing a full load of 32, I got about 24 typed in and LB died with "Virtual Machine stack overflow." Is there anything I can do about this ... like make the stack larger?

      Regards,

      Fred
      Auburn CA
      USA
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2013
        There are few limits to size in liberty. So I suspect your problem is program flow or more likely using up memory by drawing repeatedly and not releasing that memory. If you are drawing you need to use delsegmnt, or cls or discard to manage memory use.

        http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/SegmentsAndFlushing

        http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/Graphic+Segments

        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2013
          You may also be jumping out of a loop with goto, exit for exit when is the command to use to exit a loop early.