Code Bank 4

  • taw915
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2013
      I am trying to track down John Davidson's Code Bank 4. Any idea where her or his software can be found? The geocities address everyone links too is invalid.
      Thanks
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2013
        Am 02.05.2013 06:44, schrieb taw915:
        > I am trying to track down John Davidson's Code Bank 4. Any idea where her or his software can be found? The geocities address everyone links too is invalid.
        > Thanks

        John sites have been offline since he was no longer able to maintain them.

        Sorry, but there will be no way to bring them online again.

      • David Speck
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2013
          You might check the Wayback Machine at Archive.org.

          They have images of many websites that have gone offline. No
          guarantees, but worth a look.

          Dave

          On 5/2/2013 9:25 AM, Stefan Pendl wrote:
          > Am 02.05.2013 06:44, schrieb taw915:
          >> I am trying to track down John Davidson's Code Bank 4. Any idea where her or his software can be found? The geocities address everyone links too is invalid.
          >> Thanks
          > John sites have been offline since he was no longer able to maintain them.
          >
          > Sorry, but there will be no way to bring them online again.
          >
          > --
          > Stefan Pendl
        • Harry
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2013
            Have you tried the Wayback Machine. http://archive.org/web/web.php

            I've found a number of gone-but-not-forgotten sites there.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2013
              Am 03.05.2013 00:10, schrieb Harry:
              > Have you tried the Wayback Machine. http://archive.org/web/web.php
              >
              > I've found a number of gone-but-not-forgotten sites there.

              They don't host downloads, so you will be out of luck.

            • Bill
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2013
                > >Am 02.05.2013 06:44, schrieb taw915:
                > > I am trying to track down John Davidson's Code Bank 4. Any idea
                > > >where her or his software can be found? The geocities address
                > > everyone links too is invalid.

                > John sites have been offline since he was no longer able to maintain them.
                > Sorry, but there will be no way to bring them online again.
                > Stefan Pendl

                I have a copy of the full release of Codebank 4.0.3
                However, I don't immediately find anything indicating that John allowed redistribution from anything but his site. Maybe Alyce would have additional information as to John's intentions because he credits her with a significant contribution to his project.
                I'll continue to monitor this group for any response.

                Bill Beasley