Re: [libertybasic] Re: CRLFs in textboxes FWIW

  • Sarmed N.
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 27 3:03 AM
      Study the following Example BY green

      '---code start
      nomainwin
      WindowWidth = 225 :WindowHeight = 230
      UpperLeftX=int((DisplayWidth-WindowWidth)/2)
      UpperLeftY=int((DisplayHeight-WindowHeight)/2)
      textbox #w.tbx, 40, 45, 140, 100
      statictext #w.st, "textbox", 40, 30, 50, 15
      button #w.btn, "", DefaultButton, UL, -10, -10
      stylebits #w.btn, _BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0, 0, 0
      open "untitled" for window as #w
      #w, "trapclose [quit.w]"
      wait
      [quit.w]
      close #w
      END
      '-------------------------------------------------------
      sub DefaultButton handle$
      hIN = hWnd(#w.tbx)
      #w.tbx, "!contents? out$":out$=out$+chr$(13)+chr$(10)
      #w.tbx, out$ 'print back into textbox
      pos = len(out$)
      calldll #user32, "SendMessageA",_
      hIN as Ulong, _EM_SETSEL as Long, _
      pos as Long, pos as Long, rsult as Long
      end sub
      '---code end

      ________________________________

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <harrybee99@...> wrote:

      > I've been meaning to post this for some time:
      >
      > I've been using multiline textboxes for text entry for some utilities I've glommed together, because those can wrap text nicely. The drawback is that, if you want to end a paragraph and begin a new one, the Enter key isn't recognized. Everyone else in the world probably already knows this, but for those who don't, I discovered by accident that Ctrl-Enter works. Not the best solution for things you distribute for others to use, but in the instances I use it, I'm the only user.

    • Harry
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 27 1:54 PM
        I looked for that, Eric, and didn't find it.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27 3:09 PM
          Am 27.04.2013 22:54, schrieb Harry:
          > I looked for that, Eric, and didn't find it.

          See http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/gui#Stylebits ;-)

          Everything you need to know is at the wikis listed in my signature.

        • Henrik
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 28 12:50 AM
            Is it possible to use copy and paste in listbox? If yes any
            example please!

            ________________________________
            For complete control you might research Alyce's API solution

            http://www.alycesrestaurant.com/texteditorapi.htm

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 28 3:04 AM
              A listbox isn't designed for that. You could use the hidden textbox trick to receive the list and update the listbox array but it is a pretty convoluted way to populate a list. Perhaps if you described the task and gave sample data folks might offer alternative solutions.

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 28 6:32 AM
                The following is a code
                mentioned in the link given by Stefan, but for textbox "written by Janet
                Terra ".
                The content
                of textbox of the code accept copy and paste..
                Is it possible to
                replace the textbox with listbox with keeping acceptance of copy and paste?

                   'The code

                    Nomainwin
                    WindowWidth=200
                    WindowHeight=160

                    text1$ = "STYLEBITS allows you to change the style of a Liberty BASIC window or control."
                    text2$ = "Add to or edit this text."

                    Textbox #Main.txtbx, 0, 0, 190, 68
                    Stylebits #Main.txtbx, _WS_VSCROLL OR _ES_MULTILINE, _ES_AUTOHSCROLL, 0, 0
                    Statictext #Main, text2$, 5, 80, 190, 30

                    Open "LineWrap for LB" for Window_nf as #Main
                    Print #Main, "Trapclose EndDemo"
                    Print #Main, "Font Times_New_Roman 12 Bold"
                    Print #Main.txtbx, text1$
                    Wait

                    Sub EndDemo handle$
                    Close #Main