Re: COM ports and LB

  • mike
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19 6:17 AM
      Just putting this out there for what it is worth.
      I use multiple serial ports (up to 5 at once at 57600 baud with no real problems.
      here is the open statement I use:

      BaudRateMB = 57600 '(loaded from a file)
      OPEN "COM2:" + STR$(BaudRateMB) + ",N,8,1,ds0,cs0,rs" FOR RANDOM AS #1 LEN = 16384'(Buffer)

      Make sure that the parameters in the Device Manager for each port match your open com statement.

      Good luck.
      Windows 7
      64 bit 8 core