Re: [Bulk] Re: [libertybasic] LB book suggestions?

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
      Am 04.04.2013 21:25, schrieb Richard Malone:
      > Rose, David's suggestion to start with Just BASIC is a good one. That's how I started. In regards to a book, there is one authored by the creator of Liberty BASIC, Carl Grundel. It's availabe on Amazon: Beginning Programming with Liberty BASIC by Carl Gundel for about $20. I think it would be about right for you based on your explanation of your previous programming experience.

      The book from Carl, the creator of Liberty and Just BASIC is a good
      start it is available at Lulu too.

      Liberty BASIC (LB) also includes an interactive tutorial, whereas Just
      BASIC (JB) "only" includes a help file tutorial.

      For Windows 7 I would prefer LB, since it is better compatible with
      Windows 7.
      Most people are struggling with getting the old help files to work on
      Vista and above.

      How to get things working on Windows 7 and above is described at
      http://basic.wikispaces.com/Installing_on_Vista

      Some good places to read are also listed in my signature.