Re: USB-modem

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2013
      The USB part is a red herring, the modem is connected to the serial port that the USB link mimics and Liberty just sees a modem on the com port. Look at open com in the help file for an example of how to open the com link and send the modem ATZ which will respond with OK.

      The hayes modem command set is pretty standard and allows you to tell the modem to make calls and send text. Wiki is a good first read

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_command_set

      If you tell us what you are trying to do you may get more specific advice.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2013
        Am 03.04.2013 11:28, schrieb Rod:
        > The USB part is a red herring, the modem is connected to the serial port that the USB link mimics and Liberty just sees a modem on the com port. Look at open com in the help file for an example of how to open the com link and send the modem ATZ which will respond with OK.
        >
        > The hayes modem command set is pretty standard and allows you to tell the modem to make calls and send text. Wiki is a good first read
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_command_set
        >
        > If you tell us what you are trying to do you may get more specific advice.

        You will get the correct COM port from device manager, if you can't find it.

      • mmpash26
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
          Thank you for your quick response; as I am a few days on a holiday-trip, I will test your advice next week.
          Oskar