Housekeeping

  • Gary Passmore
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      Just a thought that occurred to me while doing some memory clearing today. Possibly this has not occurred to everyone, so I'll pass it on.

      If you are the kind of careless typist I am, your LB Error.log can grow pretty large. Every few days I bring it up with Notepad (it is Pinned to my Taskbar List), set the cursor to the left of the date (in a line I added which says "Error.log cleared: 'DATE'), press CTRL+SHIFT+END, then F5, then CTRL+S, and ALT+F4. The log is cleared, and date recorded, the file saved and closed.

      Similarly, if your LB programs are automatically backed up on RUN, your 'bak' folder will eventually fill with hundreds of now useless and forgettable files. I usually keep only the last couple of months' worth or so.

      Gary
      ...from the world according to GaRPMorE

    • Mike Green
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
        Good tip.

        I can check the size of of my error.log file thus:
        (assuming XXX is the username that I use for my computer).

        open "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\"+_
        "Liberty BASIC v4.04\error.log" for input as #1
        lenFile=lof(#1) :lenFile=int(lenFile/1000)
        close #1
        print lenFile;" KB"
        END

        To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com