Notice Font

  • henriknilson
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hello
      Is there any way to change the size and the type of "notice" font, if yes then please change the following code according to that?
      Thank you

      ' the code

      for x= 1 to 10
      print x
      if x=9 then notice "That is what you want ":wait
      next
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
        Am 26.02.2013 02:40, schrieb henriknilson:
        > Hello
        > Is there any way to change the size and the type of "notice" font, if yes then please change the following code according to that?
        > Thank you
        >
        > ' the code
        >
        > for x= 1 to 10
        > print x
        > if x=9 then notice "That is what you want ":wait
        > next

        The build in dialogs are not customizable.

        There is no mention of any parameter that would allow this either in the
        help file.

        You can create a dialog of your own, where you have full control over
        its appearance.

      • Marc Sabau
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
          Hi Henrik,
          You oute to try the followinf I have written for my own use. It runs well with me.

          '------ <NOTICE> font size and type change
          [START]
          nomainwin

          WindowWidth=300:WindowHeight=130
          UpperLeftX =int((DisplayWidth- WindowWidth) /2)
          UpperLeftY =int((DisplayHeight- WindoHeight) /2)
          NOTICE$="DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE ?"

          gosub [Chimes]
          gosub [CloseNot]
          STATICTEXT #not.st1,NOTICE$, 10,10,285,18
          button #not,"YES",[NOTYES],UL, 45,40,80,25
          button #not,"NO",[NOTNO],UL, 175,40,80,25
          Open "NOTICE" for Dialog_Modal As #not:notflag=1
          #not,"Trapclose [NOTNO]"
          #not,"Font Courier_New 10 bold"
          #not.st1,"!Font Courier_New 12 bold"
          wait

          [CloseNot]
          if notflag then notflag=0:close #not
          RETURN

          [NOTYES]
          gosub [CloseNot]:goto [START]

          [NOTNO]
          gosub [Tada]
          gosub [CloseNot]:END

          [Tada]
          playwave "tada.wav"
          RETURN

          [Chimes]
          playwave "chimes.wav"
          RETURN

          Cordially,
          Marc.

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "henriknilson" <henriknilson@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          > Is there any way to change the size and the type of "notice" font, if yes then please change the following code according to that?
          > Thank you
          >
          > ' the code
          >
          > for x= 1 to 10
          > print x
          > if x=9 then notice "That is what you want ":wait
          > next

        • Henrik
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
            Thank you Stefan.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
              Thank you Marc, the code works a bit slowly, maybe because of using gosub !

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
                It is slow because it waits for the sound to complete. If you want it to continue whilst playing the sound use playwave with the async option.

                --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Henrik <henriknilson@...> wrote:

                > Thank you Marc, the code works a bit slowly, maybe because of using gosub !
                >

                > ________________________________

              • green8819
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                  Or you can BEEP,
                  Or this:

                  'customized dialog window, eg: notice, confirm, etc.
                  nomainwin
                  WindowWidth=300:WindowHeight=120
                  stylebits #w, _DS_CENTER,0,0,0 'center the window
                  txt$="Are You Sure You Want To Quit ?"
                  graphicbox #w.gr1, 0,0,300,120
                  button #w, "Yes",[quit], UL, 80,50,80,25
                  button #w, "No",[no], UL, 180,50,80,25
                  open "Please Confirm" for dialog_modal as #w
                  #w, "trapclose [quit]" :#w, "font ms_Sans_Serif 12"
                  #w.gr1 "down; fill blue; backcolor blue"
                  #w.gr1 "font Segoe_Print 12; color white"
                  #w.gr1 "place 10 30;\";txt$
                  #w.gr1 "font Arial 40; color green"
                  #w.gr1 "place 25 95;\?"
                  #w.gr1 "flush"
                  [no]
                  wait
                  [quit]
                  close #w
                  END
                  '-----------------------------------------------------

                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Rod" <rodbird@...> wrote:

                  > It is slow because it waits for the sound to complete. If you want it to continue whilst playing the sound use playwave with the async option.
                  >
                  > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Henrik <henriknilson@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thank you Marc, the code works a bit slowly, maybe because of using gosub !
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • Henrik
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                    Thank you Rod, you are right, when I cancelled the sound, it
                    works instantly.

                    --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Henrik wrote:

                    > Thank you Marc, the code works a bit slowly, maybe because of using gosub !

                  • Henrik
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                      Thank you Mike, it is a good idea.