Re: LB and Windows 7

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
      Because you have installed V4.03 which is not Win7 compliant. Install V4.04 and all will be well.

      The new concept is that the .exe and support .dlls are stored in Program Files(x86) directory so that they are better protected from virus attack and corruption, indeed inadvertent deletion.

      All of the example .bas files and tutorials are stored in %APPDATA%\Liberty BASIC v4.04, a directory specifically for the applications data requirements.

      V4.04 complies with these requirements, registers itself properly with Windows and gives clean access to data.

      Because v4.03 does not Windows restricts its file handling and so the .ini file access is blocked by Windows.

      Only if you persevere with older versions of Liberty should you follow the advice to install the .exe and support files to a root directory.

      That said even with the .exe in Program Files (x86) directory you may still store all of your projects and .bas files in something like C:\Basic\Project. Its all about keeping DATA and .EXE apart and protected.