Re: [libertybasic] LB, XP, Vista & Win 7

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      Am 18.02.2013 03:01, schrieb Gary Passmore:
      > I am still running V4.03 on my XP machine, although I did upgrade to V4.04 (Pro) for the Vista and Win 7 machines. For my purposes, which may be less demanding than some others, I have noticed no difference, between the two LB versions, or the three Windows versions. Programs written on one machine seem to execute just as well on the others, regardless of the LB version or the OS version.

      The big difference is that Vista and above are no longer shipping with
      WinHelp32.exe, so one needs to install it manually to read the .HLP files.
      Many users have been struggling with the download, since it needs
      verification that your Windows is genuine.

      LB4.04 is shipping with a HTML help, so WinHelp32.exe is no longer needed.
      This in turn has confused users due to the missing search facility, but
      that has been taken care of through a coding challenge and the results
      have been posted at http://basic.wikispaces.com/HelpSearch

      Some users have complained about LB4.04 is too strict at checking for
      the correct data type, so you can no longer use a numerical value where
      a string was expected and vice versa for some arguments of some
      functions, which was possible in LB4.03 due to poor data type checking.