Re: [libertybasic] Re: basic pb on LB

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
      Am 16.01.2013 23:32, schrieb Patrick:
      > thanks Stefan for your answer
      >
      > I just want to reproduce the behavior of user
      >
      > 1) goto x,y with the mouse

      You will need to know the correct location else everything fails.
      The Window can be moved, so the location will need to be retrieved every
      time.

      > 2) click into the window

      This might be need to activate the window, but it can be omitted if the
      control can be identified directly.

      > 3) type text

      If you have the window handle of the text control it is easy to do this.

      > 4) send carriage return

      This should be fairly easy too.

      > that all but it's seem impossible with LB because I can't adress a window not created by LB himself
      >
      > May be I have to choose other soft to do that ?

      LB can access other windows not created by the running LB program, but
      you must use API functions.
      This is true for any programming language.

      There are specialized utilities that allow automation of user
      interaction, but those are using the same API functions as LB would need to.