Re: [libertybasic] maximum 2-d array size

  • Sarah Davis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
      There should be a way round it though, but it involves file handling.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 11 Jan 2013, at 10:57 PM, "Jim Hiley" <jim@...> wrote:

      > Mike,
      > LB has a memory limit of about 70MB so your array is too big.
      >
      > Jim

    • beckett_ralph
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
        The array is too large for LB. But, there are a couple of solutions. You could establish a link from LB to SQlite (not really a project for beginners). Or just use a stand alone database product -- a free and very capable database comes with OpenOffice.

        Ralph

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 12, 2013
          Each element is not a single character so it takes mor room than you think. Consider using a Random Access File. Either way processing that amount of data may be your next stone wall. Occasional single line access no problem but sequential trawling will be slow.

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "mike b" wrote:

          > I'm only able to load an array of size 500,000 rows by 30 columns before it gives an out of memory error. I thought that I should be able to load a lot more columns. It's the trial version. Does that matter?
          > thanks

        • Sarah Davis
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2013
            It might help to know what you're trying to do.

            Sent from my iPhone