Re: [Bulk] [libertybasic] problem with the nbak file

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2012
      Am 28.12.2012 19:12, schrieb ernestoalto:
      > I don't know which mistake I did, probably resetting my computer, but now when I click on the command RUN appears this signal:
      >
      > UNABKLE DO BACKUP TO C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Proprietario\Desktop\bak\welcome.bak
      >
      > and the program doesn't start.
      >
      > What I have to do?

      Make sure the folder "C:\Documents and
      Settings\HP_Proprietario\Desktop\bak" is present.

      You can change the location of the bak folder under "Setup =>
      Preferences" too.

    • ernesto
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2012
        On 28/12/2012 20.25, Stefan Pendl wrote:

        > Am 28.12.2012 19:12, schrieb ernestoalto:
        > > I don't know which mistake I did, probably resetting my computer,
        > but now when I click on the command RUN appears this signal:
        > >
        > > UNABKLE DO BACKUP TO C:\Documents and
        > Settings\HP_Proprietario\Desktop\bak\welcome.bak
        > >
        > > and the program doesn't start.
        > >
        > > What I have to do?
        > >

        > Make sure the folder "C:\Documents and
        > Settings\HP_Proprietario\Desktop\bak" is present.
        >
        > You can change the location of the bak folder under "Setup =>
        > Preferences" too.
        >
        > --
        > Stefan Pendl
        > http://stefanpendl.runbasichosting.com/
        >
        > LB 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
        > LB 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe
        >
        > LB Community Wiki .............. http://basic.wikispaces.com/
        > LB Programmer's Encyclopedia ... http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/
        > LB Bug Tracker ................. http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/
        >
        > Books at http://www.lulu.com/ and http://www.amazon.com/
        > Alyce Watson ... APIs for Liberty BASIC
        > Carl Gundel .... Beginning Programming with Liberty BASIC

        Thank you. I fix my mistake.
        Always XP, but the old OS in Documents and Settings had the folder
        "HP_Proprietario", the new one has "Adnimistrator"
        Now I've a problem about _"Run Time errore: stack overflow"_: I added
        datas but just in the routine that you can read below, but I know it's
        not important, true?
        *
        150 X=1
        160 while desc$ <> "end"
        170 read desc$
        171 if desc$= "end" then GOTO 1000
        1000 wend
        *
        the error has to be elsewhere, but Inever changed the program taht was
        working for months.

        Can you help me again?

        Thank you

        Ernesto Gastaldi

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2012
          Am 29.12.2012 18:24, schrieb ernesto:
          > Now I've a problem about _"Run Time errore: stack overflow"_: I added
          > datas but just in the routine that you can read below, but I know it's
          > not important, true?
          > *
          > 150 X=1
          > 160 while desc$ <> "end"
          > 170 read desc$
          > 171 if desc$= "end" then GOTO 1000
          > 1000 wend
          > *
          > the error has to be elsewhere, but Inever changed the program taht was
          > working for months.
          >
          > Can you help me again?

          First, always post a new question in a new message.
          Replying to a different answer with a new question will just confuse people.

          Since you are using line numbers you might be caught by a rare problem
          where line numbers for lines starting with the DATA keyword are troublesome.

          I would advice to not use line numbers at all.

          You should use EXIT WHILE to leave a WHILE..WEND loop early.
          Read about EXIT in the help file.

        • beckett_ralph
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2013
            Hi Stefan --
            The nice thing about while...wend loops is they do not execute if the initial condition is false (unlike for...next loops). So, you do not need line 171 and it may be causing the error. Another possibility is you might be reading the DATA lines more than once withour a RESTORE command -- if you want to READ some DATA again you must use RESTORE to start at the beginning or you will get the error you describe. I agree with the other responder to dump the line numbers (that notion is 30 years out of date).
            Ralph