Re: [libertybasic] ERROR WHILE OPENING A FILE FOR OUTPUT WHEN LB v4.04 IS RUNNING UNDER Windows 8

  • Carl Gundel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
      Perhaps you don't have permission to write to that folder? It is
      actually failing to delete the original file before it tries to create
      a new one for output.

      -Carl

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
        Without an extension you don't have a valid file path, what happens if you give it an extension like .dat?

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Ciro Buono" <cirob@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > class)>>osError: <5> File class(Object)>>osError File
        > class>>removeFileNamed: <'C:\Users\oem\Desktop...'>
        >
        > File>>remove
        >
        > Directory>>newFile: <'imp52'>
        >
        > [] in BasicFile>>from:mode:handle:
        >
        > ExceptionHandler>>evaluateProtectedBlock: <aBlockClosure>
        >
        > [] in ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring:
        >
        > ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
        >
        > BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
        >
        > ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring: <aBlockClosure>
        >
        > ExceptionHandler class>>handle: <anError class> with: <aBlockClosure>
        > during: <aBlockClosure>
        >
        > BlockClosure>>on: <anError class> do: <aBlockClosure>
        >
        > BasicFile>>from: <'C:\Users\oem\Desktop...'> mode: <'OUTPUT'> handle:
        >
        > BasicFile>><'#3'>
        >

        > Please, find attached file "imp52".
        >
        > I got error even while opening for output a other file.
        >
        > Could you help me to correct this error ?

      • green8819
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
          'I tried the following in my computer.

          'this has no error message. Can see the file in C:\
          open "C:\imp52" for output as #3
          print #3,par$
          close #3

          'this gives error message, because location not known
          open "C:\Users\oem\Desktop\Documents\Roulette\imp52" for output as #1
          print #1,par$
          close #1

          'Your W7 computer knows where to print imp52.
          'There is no such location in your W8 computer.