ERROR WHILE OPENING A FILE FOR OUTPUT WHEN LB v4.04 IS RUNNING UNDER Windows 8

  • Ciro Buono
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
      I am sending you again this email because i had no reply.

      From : CIRO BUONO

      Naples- Italy

      To : LB support

      I loaded LB v4.04 under windows 8.

      I got error while opening a file for output.

      Same program does not cause error when running under windows 7.

      Instructions and consequent error log are following :

      open "C:\Users\oem\Desktop\Documents\Roulette\imp52" for output as #3
      'apri questo file

      print #3,par$ 'registra

      close #3 'chiudi il file

      Error log timestamp Sunday 09/12/12 19.13.16

      Runtime error: Error opening file:
      C:\Users\oem\Desktop\Documents\Roulette\imp52

      Error(Exception)>>defaultAction

      Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anUndefinedObject>
      Error(Exception)>>handle Error(Exception)>>signal Error class(Exception
      class)>>signal: <'Error opening file: ...'>

      BasicProgram(Object)>>error: <'Error opening file: ...'>

      BasicProgram>>terminateRun: <anError>

      [] in BasicProgram>>errorHandlerBlock

      ExceptionHandler>>evaluateResponseBlock: <aBlockClosure> for: <anError>

      [] in ExceptionHandler>>handle:

      ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>

      BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>

      ExceptionHandler>>handle: <anError>

      ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <anError>

      Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
      Error(Exception)>>handle Error(Exception)>>signal Error class(Exception
      class)>>signal: <'Error opening file: ...'>

      BasicFile(Object)>>error: <'Error opening file: ...'> [] in
      BasicFile>>from:mode:handle:

      ExceptionHandler>>evaluateResponseBlock: <aBlockClosure> for:

      ExceptionHandler>><aFileSystemAccessDenied>

      [] in ExceptionHandler>>handle:

      ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>

      BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>

      ExceptionHandler>>handle: <aFileSystemAccessDenied>

      ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <aFileSystemAccessDenied>

      FileSystemAccessDenied(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
      FileSystemAccessDenied(Exception)>>handle

      FileSystemAccessDenied(Exception)>>signal

      FileSystemAccessDenied class(Exception class)>>signal

      HostFileSystemError>>defaultAction

      ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <aHostFileSystemError>

      HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
      HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>handle

      HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>signal

      HostFileSystemError class>>signalWith: <5> File class(FileSystemEntity
      class)>>osError: <5> File class(Object)>>osError File
      class>>removeFileNamed: <'C:\Users\oem\Desktop...'>

      File>>remove

      Directory>>newFile: <'imp52'>

      [] in BasicFile>>from:mode:handle:

      ExceptionHandler>>evaluateProtectedBlock: <aBlockClosure>

      [] in ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring:

      ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>

      BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>

      ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring: <aBlockClosure>

      ExceptionHandler class>>handle: <anError class> with: <aBlockClosure>
      during: <aBlockClosure>

      BlockClosure>>on: <anError class> do: <aBlockClosure>

      BasicFile>>from: <'C:\Users\oem\Desktop...'> mode: <'OUTPUT'> handle:

      BasicFile>><'#3'>

      Please, find attached file "imp52".

      I got error even while opening for output a other file.

      Could you help me to correct this error ?

      Thanks in advance.

      Ciro Buono

    • Carl Gundel
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
        Perhaps you don't have permission to write to that folder? It is
        actually failing to delete the original file before it tries to create
        a new one for output.

        -Carl

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
          Without an extension you don't have a valid file path, what happens if you give it an extension like .dat?

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Ciro Buono" <cirob@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > class)>>osError: <5> File class(Object)>>osError File
          > class>>removeFileNamed: <'C:\Users\oem\Desktop...'>
          >
          > File>>remove
          >
          > Directory>>newFile: <'imp52'>
          >
          > [] in BasicFile>>from:mode:handle:
          >
          > ExceptionHandler>>evaluateProtectedBlock: <aBlockClosure>
          >
          > [] in ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring:
          >
          > ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
          >
          > BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
          >
          > ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring: <aBlockClosure>
          >
          > ExceptionHandler class>>handle: <anError class> with: <aBlockClosure>
          > during: <aBlockClosure>
          >
          > BlockClosure>>on: <anError class> do: <aBlockClosure>
          >
          > BasicFile>>from: <'C:\Users\oem\Desktop...'> mode: <'OUTPUT'> handle:
          >
          > BasicFile>><'#3'>
          >

          > Please, find attached file "imp52".
          >
          > I got error even while opening for output a other file.
          >
          > Could you help me to correct this error ?

        • green8819
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
            'I tried the following in my computer.

            'this has no error message. Can see the file in C:\
            open "C:\imp52" for output as #3
            print #3,par$
            close #3

            'this gives error message, because location not known
            open "C:\Users\oem\Desktop\Documents\Roulette\imp52" for output as #1
            print #1,par$
            close #1

            'Your W7 computer knows where to print imp52.
            'There is no such location in your W8 computer.