Phone Book v5

  • green8819
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
      Please dump earlier versions.

      Hi Henrik.

      Thank you for the persistence.

      I tested using your txt file. Found something else wrong on my side.

      There is a mistake in my code:
      name$(x)=List$(x,object) :phon$(x)=List$(x,object), where name and phone are same.

      Not sure whether your error report is due to those lines. The correction and a few other minor changes in Phone Book v5, Files page.

      Please let me know if it's alright now. Thanks.
    • Henrik
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
        Hi Mike

        If you click your name in “Phone Book v5” to know your
        number then you will get number 333 highlight which is belong Mickle while
        your number is 777, still the same mistake, highlighting in a zigzag way and
        give’s wrong result.

        Thank you for you effort

        .

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
          Hi Henrik, (and Bob),

          A possible error in my code line,
          if hNameBtn then obj=1 else obj=2

          Try changing it to two lines, thus:
          if hNameBtn then obj=1
          if hPhonBtn then obj=2

          If this doesn't set things right, please let me see your datafiles.
          (I tried, seems ok; but SortName is not; working on it.)

          Thanks.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
            Hi Mike

            I have changed your code as you suggested but nothing has
            been changed with results, same mistake with same records I have sent you…
            Because, indeed you have changed nothing, changing that one
            line is the same as two lines when you omit “else”
            When click your name I get number 333, while it should be
            777.

            Good luck

            ________________________________
            If this doesn't set things right, please let me see your datafiles.
            (I tried, seems ok; but SortName is not; working on it.)

            Thanks.

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Henrik <henriknilson@...> wrote:

            > Hi Mike
            >
            > If you click your name in “Phone Book v5” to know your
            > number then you will get number 333 highlight which is belong Mickle while
            > your number is 777, still the same mistake, highlighting in a zigzag way and
            > give’s wrong result.
            >
            > Thank you for you effort
            >

            > .
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Bob Anson
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
              Dear Mike, Regret to inform you that suggested code change (below) did not correct the problem. I'm a beginner so maybe your code is correct, but shouldn't you have more in the two lines?Shouldn't "hNameBtn" and "hPhoneBtn" have to be equal to or not equal to something?For example, if hNameBtn = "Mike" then obj = 1Just a thought. There is nothing special in my data file. It was created using your program, not separately using Notepad. Mary Smith = 345-6754Mary Nelson = 876-6543Mary Abbot = 212-789-4567 The above does not work when the Next Find button is clicked on. Good luck trying to fix the problem. Bob
              To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
              From: mike4612@...
              Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 15:03:28 +0000

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
                Hi Bob, Henrik,

                If you are determined, so should I be. Hope we can solve the mystery together. Please try with the following 2 changes:

                [Sorts]
                if hNameBtn then obj=1 else obj=2'--------------------------------1
                if order$="asc" then 'ascending order
                sort List$(),1,tot,obj :order$="desc"
                else
                sort List$(),tot,1,obj :order$="asc"
                end if
                for x=1 to tot :name$(x)=List$(x,1) :phon$(x)=List$(x,2):next
                #w.nameList, "reload" :#w.phonList, "reload"
                '#w.nameList, "selectindex 0" :#w.phonList, "selectindex 0" '------2
                call pause 100
                wait

                Thanks.
              • green8819
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
                  The change #2 should work. In that case change #1 is not necessary.
                  Here is the final [Sorts]:

                  [Sorts]
                  if hNameBtn then obj=1
                  if hPhonBtn then obj=2
                  if order$="asc" then 'ascending order
                  sort List$(),1,tot,obj :order$="desc"
                  else
                  sort List$(),tot,1,obj :order$="asc"
                  end if
                  for x=1 to tot :name$(x)=List$(x,1) :phon$(x)=List$(x,2):next
                  #w.nameList, "reload" :#w.phonList, "reload"
                  call pause 100
                  wait

                  I may have wasted your time. Sorry.

                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "green8819" <mike4612@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Bob, Henrik,
                  >
                  > If you are determined, so should I be. Hope we can solve the mystery together. Please try with the following 2 changes:
                  >
                  > [Sorts]
                  > if hNameBtn then obj=1 else obj=2'--------------------------------1
                  > if order$="asc" then 'ascending order
                  > sort List$(),1,tot,obj :order$="desc"
                  > else
                  > sort List$(),tot,1,obj :order$="asc"
                  > end if
                  > for x=1 to tot :name$(x)=List$(x,1) :phon$(x)=List$(x,2):next
                  > #w.nameList, "reload" :#w.phonList, "reload"
                  > '#w.nameList, "selectindex 0" :#w.phonList, "selectindex 0" '------2
                  > call pause 100
                  > wait
                  >
                  > Thanks.

                • green8819
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 10, 2012
                    STILL NOT RIGHT
                    Hi Bob, I tried your "idea".
                    Back to "if hNameBtn then obj=1 else obj=2"
                    Seems to work.