Print a bmp file affects later font

  • dermot.odea
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012
      I am printing a quote (graphic box) with the option of a company logo (bmp file) at the top, or a text company name
      If I select the bmp option the entire quote comes out very small, as if to fit an A5 page, with the wrong font size, although the font is set within the graphic box setup. If I select the text option the print appears with the correct font size, to fill an A4 page. Can someone please help? Dermot
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012
        Am 01.11.2012 09:15, schrieb dermot.odea:
        > I am printing a quote (graphic box) with the option of a company logo (bmp file) at the top, or a text company name
        > If I select the bmp option the entire quote comes out very small, as if to fit an A5 page, with the wrong font size, although the font is set within the graphic box setup. If I select the text option the print appears with the correct font size, to fill an A4 page. Can someone please help? Dermot

        1) make sure that your graphics box matches the orientation and
        size ratio of your page
        For A4 the size of the graphics box should be a multiple of
        210x297 (width x height):

        portrait: 210x297, 420x594, 630x891, ...
        landscape: 297x210, 594x420, 891x630, ...

        The values are whole multiples of 1x, 2x, 3x, but fractions are
        also possible as long as your get a good result.

        2) make sure to use the correct width of your graphics box for the
        PRINT method:

        Box size ... portrait ... landscape

        210x297 ... PRINT 210 ... PRINT 297
        420x594 ... PRINT 420 ... PRINT 594
        630x891 ... PRINT 630 ... PRINT 891

        Sure using the size in millimeters is a simplified approach, so you
        could calculate the needed size in dots per inch (dpi) too, but I like
        it simple ;-)

        Finally draw all the elements in one go without any FLUSH in between,
        only issue one single FLUSH before printing.
        If you can't do that, which is really rare, use GETBMP => CLS => DRAWBMP
        => FLUSH => PRINT, to have just one single segment to be scaled for
        printing.

      • Dermot O'Dea
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012
          Thanks Stefan for that comprehensive answer
          I took your advice and the print now comes out perfect
          Dermot