Re: mcq97

  • green8819
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6 8:37 PM
      I would like to thank one reader for providing one question (or rather, feedback).

      How about...

      replace this: #w.Gmsg "delsegment segMsg; redraw"
      with this: #w.Gmsg "delsegment segMsg; fill darkblue"

      My answer:
      Both command statements can reuse the segment called 'segMsg' to 'place' and 'print' the variable 'msg$'. However, only 'redraw' will reclaim memory used for this repetitive task.

      So if one has to use 'fill' instead of 'redraw', you have to find a way to reclaim memory.

      I am also thankful for this feedback because it has exposed two erroneous statements in my code:

      Find three 'redraw' statements just below [next]?
      1) The comment at end of the first line should read, "will redraw (a blank) msg$".
      2) The third line should be deleted. There is no segment called 'segResult'.

      These two mistakes were blindly carried forward from previous versions, but they are not 'fatal'. Sorry anyway.