Using Freeform editor after creating program framework for LB4

  • anoop
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2012
      Hi,

      I use Freeform editor for LB4 to create my GUI windows.
      In the beginning I create a program template from Freeform and start
      writing LB4 code for button clicks etc.

      However, once I start writing code, if I need to add an extra button or textbox or something else, I can use Freeform again and it will
      generate all the code template again and there is
      no easy way to extract the changes from previous GUI other than
      by going through the generated code template and looking for what I
      added or changed. Depending on number of changes, this can get very tedious.

      Is there a better way ? Is there a way to integrate the changes I do
      to a GUI in Freeform tool, back into my LB4 program ?

      I would much appreciate any inputs.

      thanks

      Anoop Hegde
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2012
        Am 03.02.2012 03:58, schrieb anoop:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I use Freeform editor for LB4 to create my GUI windows.
        > In the beginning I create a program template from Freeform and start
        > writing LB4 code for button clicks etc.
        >
        > However, once I start writing code, if I need to add an extra button or textbox or something else, I can use Freeform again and it will
        > generate all the code template again and there is
        > no easy way to extract the changes from previous GUI other than
        > by going through the generated code template and looking for what I
        > added or changed. Depending on number of changes, this can get very tedious.
        >
        > Is there a better way ? Is there a way to integrate the changes I do
        > to a GUI in Freeform tool, back into my LB4 program ?
        >
        > I would much appreciate any inputs.

        Currently there is no way to read a program listing into Freeform and
        change that.

        Your best bet is to save the code and outline created by Freeform and
        change a copy of it to include the rest of the code.

        This way you just need to save to a new code and outline file, if you
        update the GUI, which can be easily compared to the previous one.