Re: [libertybasic] Upgrading

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2011
      Am 05.12.2011 10:29, schrieb Bee Dee:
      > The reason I stopped purchasing programming languages is that I was
      > being nickle and dimed to death by constant yearly upgrade costs,
      > sometimes multiple times per year.
      >
      > I couldn't find any information on the website about how much it costs
      > to upgrade or any historical information either.
      >
      > I don't even want to spend $50 is it's going to cost me dozens of other
      > dollars per year to keep it up, which I can't afford.
      >
      > Any info or comments appreciated.

      If you already have a registered version of LB in the range of v1 to v3
      you will have to pay $ 19,95 to upgrade to v4.04

      If you have a registered version of v4 the upgrade is free of charge.

      Only upgrades from one major version to another ( 3.x to 4.x ) needs to
      be paid.

      Upgrades within a major version ( 4.01 to 4.04 ) are free.

    • Gary Passmore
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2011
        "LIKE!" :) An excellent response by a guy who knows what he's talking about.

        "Nickle & Dime" doesn't mean a damned thing, anyway, these days. A hundred bucks a year is less than 40 cents a day. Who among us can't afford to (and doesn't) throw that much away in any case? :)

        ...from the world according to GaRPMorE

        ________________________________
        From: bd@...
        Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:29:22 +0000
        Subject: [libertybasic] Upgrading

              The reason I stopped purchasing programming languages is that I was

        being nickle and dimed to death by constant yearly upgrade costs,

        sometimes multiple times per year.

        I couldn't find any information on the website about how much it costs

        to upgrade or any historical information either.

        I don't even want to spend $50 is it's going to cost me dozens of other

        dollars per year to keep it up, which I can't afford.

        Any info or comments appreciated.

        (I'm going to download Just BASIC and try it)

        Thanks.