Can't load program written with LB v4.02

  • jdcorymd
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
      I recently upgraded to v4.04 (because my PC runs on W7 rather than XP). I have a very important program that I wrote with LBv4.01. I copied the data files from my laptop (which runs XP) to my PC using the same path (c:\Program Files\Home Programming\) that I use on my laptop. I notice that the LBv4.04 is stored under c:\Program Files(86). The problem is that v4.04 says that it can't find the files even though the address is correct. I am able to load the program from the address, but LBv4.04 doesn't seem to be able to find the data files. Any suggestions?
    • William Lopez
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
        I hope this will be a useful tip for you, Cory, when you create a program, place it and all supporting files such as images, sound, and data, into a folder of it's own. Now you won't have to worry about a complete path$ to the files is seeks, simply use OPEN thisData.txt, or thisData.dat, which ever is applicable. I have programs I wrote under WinXP in Just Basic (as well as Liberty Basic) and they run fine using the tip above.Good luck to you!

        Bill

        welopez@...

        To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
        From: jdcorymd@...
        Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 15:34:19 +0000
        Subject: [libertybasic] Can't load program written with LB v4.02

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
          Am 03.12.2011 16:34, schrieb jdcorymd:
          > I recently upgraded to v4.04 (because my PC runs on W7 rather than XP). I have a very important program that I wrote with LBv4.01. I copied the data files from my laptop (which runs XP) to my PC using the same path (c:\Program Files\Home Programming\) that I use on my laptop. I notice that the LBv4.04 is stored under c:\Program Files(86). The problem is that v4.04 says that it can't find the files even though the address is correct. I am able to load the program from the address, but LBv4.04 doesn't seem to be able to find the data files. Any suggestions?

          Make sure to not place any files that must be changed by your program
          into the Program Files folder structure, since it is no longer permitted
          to change files there.

          This restriction was forced in Vista, but would have better be forced in
          XP, since it was known since Windows 95.

          If your program changes files located in the installation folder of the
          program, move it into a location like "C:\VistaIncompatible\Home
          Programming\" for Vista and above.