new kid to programming

  • hmatlock9978
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hello group
      thank you for accepting me.
      I would like to know a starting place for a sixty seven old man.
      any help will be a big help.
      I hope to here from you soon and thankyou.
      hmatlock9978@...
    • RipSaw
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
        Mr. Matlock,  There are several tutorials around Bill Lopez is the best there is.   Many have helped me and no nasty comments in return. JohnF in UK is also tops. Dave Speck has helped. Many have offered helped me.  Have you had any programming at all?
        God Bless you.  Kurt - Bethlehem PA

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
          Mr. Matlock, Garry Passmore, Stefan Pendl and Marc have offered help and advice. The best is here.
          My advice, dont be a hero, when tired walk away.  I made a bunch of foolish mistakes the other day.
          Kurt

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011

            > Hello group
            > thank you for accepting me.
            > I would like to know a starting place for a sixty seven old man.
            > any help will be a big help.
            > I hope to here from you soon and thankyou.

            Welcome to the group.

            Liberty BASIC ships with a tutorial, which you can access from the help menu of the editor.
            This is usually a good starting point for anyone starting to use LB.

            If the menu entry does not seem to launch the tutorial follow the instructions below.

            For 32-bit Windows:

            1) Select "File => Open"
            2) Enter "%ProgramFiles%" as the file name and hit open
            3) Open the "Liberty BASIC v4.04" folder
            4) Open the file "lb4tutorial.lsn"

            For 64-bit Windows the steps are the same except you enter "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" in step 2).

            If you have installed LB into a folder different from the default location, you need to browse there.

            Liberty BASIC 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
            Liberty BASIC 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

            Liberty BASIC Bug Tracker ... http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/