Creating WAV files

  • alastair gray
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
      I want to create a .WAV file to play musical sounds that I ave generated by a program.
      Any ideas anyone?

      regards alastair Gray

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        Weird. You get errors from LB if the bitmap is one of the odd formats-
        greyscale or indexed- but should have no trouble if it really is a 24
        bit RGB bitmap. And certainly not 'file not found' errors.
        Can you confirm you are using code similar to the following?..

        nomainwin

        open "powell-lucas" for graphics as #w

        #w "trapclose [quit]"

        loadbmp "example", "c:\Temp\SubFolder\quasi.bmp"

        #w "down"
        #w "drawbmp example 0 0"
        #w "flush"
        wait

        [quit]
        close #w
        end
      • John Fisher
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
          On 01/09/2011 06:17, alastair gray wrote:

          > I want to create a .WAV file to play musical sounds that I ave
          > generated by a program.
          > Any ideas anyone?

          What exactly have you 'created', if it is not already a wav file?
          We need more information.
          Creating a wav file from a mathematically-described function/curve is
          straightforward.