More Photos

  • powell_lucas
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2011
      Hello Folks:

      Thank you all for your responses and comments. So far, no luck. Here's what I have tried with both a cartoon downloaded from the net and a photo from my Pictures folder:

      a) Using a third party application I converted from .jpg to .bmp. Using drag and drop I have transferred it to the LB bmp folder. I have then opened the folder to confirm that it is listed. When I load it and attempt to run it, I get a message saying the file can't be found.
      b) With the converted picture still in the Pictures folder I have gone the route of trying to retrieve it using the full path: c:\Users\Powell\Pictures\spiderman.bmp. Same message.
      c) I have opened the jpg photo in Paint and converted it to 24-Bitmap, 16 Color Bitmap, and 256 Color Bitmap. In every case I have confirmed that the picture is in the LB bmp folder. Prior to installing each format I have deleted the previous picture. Same result. In fact, in one case, I left the program in its original downloaded folder and simply moved the bmp picture to the LB bmp folder and got the same message.
      d) I have downloaded a sample program from JB and ran it. Works fine until I drag and drop it into LB in which case I get the can't find message.
      e) I have downloaded the same program from JB and, prior to dropping it in LB, I have simply gone in and changed the name of the picture in the program to that of the file I am trying to open. Same deal...file can't be found.
      Right now, I am out of ideas. Suggestions much appreciated.

      Regards
      Powell Lucas
    • William Lopez
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2011
        Let's see if this will work, Lucas... 1. In your LB folder (or JB folder), create a sub-folder for "My Super Photo Show," or something.2. Save your spiderman.bmp within your Super Photo Show folder.3. Write your program and load the .bmp simply by LOADBMP "spidey", "spiderman.bmp"4. You will need a graphicbox or window for graphics to show your image. Begin by putting the pen down, PRINT #handle.ext, "down"
        PRINT #handle.ext, "drawbmp spidey x y"....where #handle.ext is the handle for your graphicbox, followed by the ID for your image. I'm pretty sure I gave you this information a few days ago. The x y coordinates will place the upper left corner of your image x pixels to the right of your left graphic box border, and y pixels down from the top border. Did you try the tutorial I directed you to? Adding Fun With Images... http://justbasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=tutorial&action=display&num=1111001848 It works for me... we can even get the images to move across the screen. All I did was read the helpfile. It's very helpful. ROFL!

        Bill

        welopez@...

        To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2011
          Can you see file extensions in explorer? perhaps the .bmp is being saved as picture.bmp.bmp? Try loading picture.bmp.bmp in Liberty.

          Also right click on the picture file, select properties and make sure there is nothing stated about the file being locked under the general tab.