Looking for a free LB version for x64

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011
      I just bought Teach Yourself Beginning Programming in 24 Hours. Included is Liberty basic v2.02, but I run Windows XP 64bit, so it will not install on my computer. Does anyone know of a free version that is comparable to the v2.02 that is 64bit compliant so I can use this book? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

      Brian
    • jjh2000_100@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011
        Download the last version from liberty basic home page

        Sent from my BlackBerry from VIVA

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011
          Wow! I didn't realize I was that slow. ;-) I just assumed that 1) it cost $49.95 and 2) because I didn't see it listed, that XP64 was not compliant. Thanks, JJ.

          Brian

        • jjh2000_100@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011
            Usually the machine w/x64 run 32 bits program

            Sent from my BlackBerry from VIVA

            Wow! I didn't realize I was that slow. ;-) I just assumed that 1) it cost $49.95 and 2) because I didn't see it listed, that XP64 was not compliant. Thanks, JJ.

            Brian

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, jjh2000_100@... wrote:

            > Download the last version from liberty basic home page
            >
            > Sent from my BlackBerry from VIVA

          • Brian
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011
              That I knew, but the installers are the problems I come across.

            • jjh2000_100@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011
                Ok but this prblm is in your windows, maybe you have to re-install again

              • jjh2000_100@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011

                • jjh2000_100@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011
                    Other solution it could be, install in another machine, and copy the liberty basic folder complete and create a direct access in the desktop

                  • jjh2000_100@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 28, 2011

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 29, 2011
                        You should not have any problems whatsoever installing Liberty BASIC v4.04 on a 64bit machine. Windows will install it to it's own directory in Program Files (x86) directory.

                        You download and use the software free of charge on a trial basis. If you purchase the software you will be provided with a registration key via email.

                        If you have installed previous versions these will exist in their own folders, simply delete the folder.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 29, 2011

                          > > > Wow! I didn't realize I was that slow. ;-) I just
                          > assumed that 1) it cost $49.95 and 2) because I didn't see it
                          > listed, that XP64 was not compliant. Thanks, JJ.

                          I am running LB on 64-bit Windows, since the first Windows x64 Edition was available.
                          This was when LB v4.03 was released.

                          I am now running LB v4.04 on Windows 7 x64 Edition as I write this message.

                          > If you have installed previous versions these will exist in
                          > their own folders, simply delete the folder.

                          Always uninstall, if you installed an application to make sure the registry is cleaned from the objects the installer added to it.

                          Liberty BASIC 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
                          Liberty BASIC 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

                          Liberty BASIC Bug Tracker ... http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/