Re: Group Boxes

  • productdevelop
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2011
      I have had this happen. In fact, the double line, always at the top, is somewhat random. When I get them there are times that they do not appear (for a run or two). They have never been a problem for execution. I usually assume that they are caused by graphical spacing issues. When you don't leave enough space for items in a box sometimes odd things can be displayed.

      I have never tried to fully resolve this. Since you made a larger font and the problem appeared I would assume that this is the general problem. I would try the following:
      1. Move the location of the text away from the box sides
      2. Move the box itself (in the window)

      Your symptoms I have seen many times. I will be interested in what you discover. I use LB mostly for running automated tests so when this happens I am not bothered by it.
      good luck!

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2011
        The search feature found this solution from Stefan.

        > This happens due to redrawing the window improperly after the fonts
        > have been changed for a window containing more than one
        > groupbox.
        > To correct this, remove the _WS_VISIBLE style from the whole window.
        > And send the SHOW method to the window after it is fully updated.
        >
        > Comment out the stylebits line and see the double lines returning.
        >
        > '---code start (watch for line wraps)
        > nomainwin
        >
        > groupbox #m.gb1, "test", 10, 10, 150, 100
        > statictext #m.t1, "test", 20, 30, 120, 20
        > groupbox #m.gb2, "test", 10, 120, 150, 100
        > statictext #m.t2, "test", 20, 140, 120, 20
        >
        > stylebits #m, 0, _WS_VISIBLE, 0, 0
        > open "test" for window as #m
        > #m "trapclose [quit]"
        > #m "font ms_sans_serif 12"
        > #m "show"
        > wait
        >
        > [quit]
        > close #m
        > end
        > '---code end
        >
        > ---
        > Stefan Pendl

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "paul.r.gorton@..." <paul.r.gorton@...> wrote:

        > I have a problem with group boxes. Normally there is no problem with the outline of the box itself but I have an application for a net book where all the text need to be large. If I use Arial 14 bold I get a double line at the top of the group box but not for every group box.
        >
        > Has anyone seen this before or can advise on a cure?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Regards, Paul Gorton

      • productdevelop
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2011
          good find! I was never really worried about it but it is nice to know how to get rid of it. This is a keeper!
          Thanks for the help!