teaching programming to junior high students

  • ron
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15 7:50 AM
      anyone using liberty basic to teach an introductory class in programming at the junior high level?

      ron
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15 8:41 AM

        > anyone using liberty basic to teach an introductory class in
        > programming at the junior high level?

        According to some questions by students, LB is used in such classes, but I don't know more details.

        Liberty BASIC 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
        Liberty BASIC 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

        Liberty BASIC Bug Tracker ... http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/

      • Joe Suttle
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22 4:34 PM
          Ron,

          Yes, I used it to teach Jr. and Sr. High schoolers. Very good product to
          do this.

          Joe

          --
          Joe Suttle * Member of IEEE
          joesuttle@... http://www.joesuttle.com/
        • Gordon S
          Message 4 of 5 , May 23 8:05 AM
            From my experience over the years with both LB and JB as a purely Amateur, I would suggest in some cases such as with the very young, it might pay to start with using just the Main Window. This is of course very similar to a text only version of Qbasic, in fact it might help to use QB as well to begin.

            After all many novices often start with this to create programs in this forum, and even experts still use the Main Window sometimes to demonstrate something quickly, which can still be distributed with a TKN.

            Gordon S.
          • ron
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31 4:12 PM
              Do you have a list of programs the students programmed?

              thanks
              ron