RE: [libertybasic]

    Message 1 of 12 , May 8, 2011

      > Stefan I did use create application and that's where I get
      > can't find a
      > program. I assumed I don't have liberty basic in the right
      > place. I have it
      > under the C drive under liberty basic folder. When I try to create
      > application it gives that error.

      Make sure to run the LB editor from the start menu entry, so the runtime files can be found by create application.

      LB v4.04 has an improved notice, which should have suggested the above.

      If you still have problems, check if the files listed below are present in the LB installation folder.
      In addition do not create applications in the LB installation folder, but always use a separate folder for each application.

      vbas31w.sll
      vgui31w.sll
      voflr31w.sll
      vthk31w.dll
      vtk1631w.dll
      vtk3231w.dll
      vvm31w.dll
      vvmt31w.dll
      run404.exe

      Liberty BASIC 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      Liberty BASIC 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

      Liberty BASIC Bug Tracker ... http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/

    • Ron Spruell
      Message 2 of 12 , May 8, 2011
        Stefan, I'm going to have to play dumb on this and believe me that's not
        hard for me. I know you could at one time set environment variables that the
        system would know where a program was, and you still can wonder if that's
        what I need to do, but what do you mean by running the LB editor from the
        start menu entry? Do I type the name of the LB editor into the start menu,
        if so what do I type for the editor just LB.exe and let the system find the
        program? Sorry you have to be so specific with me but the first line above
        is just true, I don't play dumb so I try and keep my mouth shut and let
        people think I'm dumb rather than open it and let them know for sure as now.
        <BG>

        Ron Spruell

        Message 3 of 12 , May 8, 2011
          Well Stefan I typed LB into the start menu and sure enough there in the list
          was the lb editor. I'm glad you mention making a different folder for each
          program I wanted to create an exe for from the editor. I assume if I didn't
          it would over write important files in the LB folder I assume it's some of
          the ones you listed, might get over written. Thanks for the help. Still do
          you think I could make an environmentally variable in vista pointing to LB
          and that might solve the problem of finding the programs? Just asking.

          Ron Spruell

          Message 4 of 12 , May 9, 2011

            > Well Stefan I typed LB into the start menu and sure enough
            > there in the list
            > was the lb editor. I'm glad you mention making a different
            > folder for each
            > program I wanted to create an exe for from the editor. I
            > assume if I didn't
            > it would over write important files in the LB folder I assume
            > it's some of
            > the ones you listed, might get over written. Thanks for the
            > help. Still do
            > you think I could make an environmentally variable in vista
            > pointing to LB
            > and that might solve the problem of finding the programs? Just asking.

            An environment variable will not work, since there is none used.
            Usually the executable is able to find its current location with a simple API function, which I use in the help file search
            challenge.
            We will see what LB5 brings in this area.

            The registry already includes a key for the installation folder, but that is only used for uninstalling LB by the installer.

            To find LB use "Start => Programs => Liberty BASIC v4.04 => Liberty BASIC v4.04" or, as you have already found out, type the name of
            the program into the search box.