Word 2007 Macros

  • RipSaw
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
      Anyone please help me.   I want to learn Desktop publishing.   The version of
      Word Mike had was W2003.
      My copy Word 2007.   I can see where this is a deadly tool if in wrong hands or
      instructor is not trusted.

      BUT I CAN also see, this is a fantastic aid for the expert.   I want to learn. I
      did not buy this computer for
      Pam's cats to look at Screen savers While I am gone.  (the color is fantastic,
      the cats love the screen savers for
      thier fun and games.  Harry watches screen for hours!   The silly nut! he is
      watching combinations of 1s and 0s.

      I have been playing w macros and for a breif minute, I ended up in the VB
      menu. Is this normal?

      Now for the love of God, my interest is up.  How do I build a macro to set a
      font? then Bold"

      I is fun.  Kurt

    • mike_ukmid
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
        (Reluctantly)

        Help! What has happened to the LB Official Support Group? My inbox if filling up with messages about Word macros and Desktop Publishing. I think I have accidently logged in to Twitter.

        Without wishing to cause any offence (and I think you will probably take this the wrong way Kurt), there is a plethora of websites devoted to word macros and desktop publishing. The last thing I want to read about on an LB forum is MS Word.

        To the person who was doubting that Linux could be downloaded free ...... no I won't go there, this is a LB forum.
        On second thoughts, I'm a linux user and I can assure him that there is no ploy to get him to buy a CD!

        Mike.
      • RipSaw
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
          Mike tell me,  Ill go.  I want to learn.  I want to absorb as much as I can.  Im
          to scared to try any Macros here.
          Where Do i go?? - Kurt

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
            I agree. Please take the non-LB discussion to some more appropriate forum.

            Thanks,

            -Carl Gundel
            Liberty BASIC for Windows - http://www.libertybasic.com
            Run BASIC, easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com

            On Apr 3, 2011, at 5:45 PM, "mike_ukmid" <karemi@...> wrote:

            > (Reluctantly)
            >
            > Help! What has happened to the LB Official Support Group? My inbox if filling up with messages about Word macros and Desktop Publishing. I think I have accidently logged in to Twitter.
            >
            > Without wishing to cause any offence (and I think you will probably take this the wrong way Kurt), there is a plethora of websites devoted to word macros and desktop publishing. The last thing I want to read about on an LB forum is MS Word.
            >
            > To the person who was doubting that Linux could be downloaded free ...... no I won't go there, this is a LB forum.
            > On second thoughts, I'm a linux user and I can assure him that there is no ploy to get him to buy a CD!
            >
            > Mike.

          • RipSaw
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
              ok Carl God Bless - Kurt

              Do u know other groups?? I wanna learn.

              ________________________________
              I agree. Please take the non-LB discussion to some more appropriate forum.

              Thanks,

              -Carl Gundel
              Liberty BASIC for Windows - http://www.libertybasic.com
              Run BASIC, easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com

              On Apr 3, 2011, at 5:45 PM, "mike_ukmid" <karemi@...> wrote:

              > (Reluctantly)
              >
              > Help! What has happened to the LB Official Support Group? My inbox if filling
              >up with messages about Word macros and Desktop Publishing. I think I have
              >accidently logged in to Twitter.
              >
              > Without wishing to cause any offence (and I think you will probably take this
              >the wrong way Kurt), there is a plethora of websites devoted to word macros and
              >desktop publishing. The last thing I want to read about on an LB forum is MS
              >Word.
              >
              > To the person who was doubting that Linux could be downloaded free ...... no I
              >won't go there, this is a LB forum.
              > On second thoughts, I'm a linux user and I can assure him that there is no ploy
              >to get him to buy a CD!
              >
              > Mike.

            • mike_ukmid
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
                --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, RipSaw <rij4360@...> wrote:

                > Mike tell me,  Ill go.  I want to learn.  I want to absorb as much as I can.  Im
                > to scared to try any Macros here.
                > Where Do i go?? - Kurt

                Kurt, type 'Word macros' into google, you will find lots of on-line help which will require some personal study. If you mean where can you get personal tuition then I'm sorry, I can't give any suggestion.

                Iv'e lost track of what you were trying to do, I think it was something to do with changing text colour, which can be done with LB4 using rich text methods. Why not try more of LB before jumping ship!

                Regards, Mike.