RE: [libertybasic] Re: similar variables:

  • Norman Eskriett
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 3, 2010
      Hello Rod

      I have found the cause but not the answer

      If I have similar (but not the same variables) then the similar variables pane is shown
      If I correct the variables and rerun the program using <run>from the menu bar and then <run> from the drop down menu the pane is not cleared
      If I correct the variables and rerun the program using <shift + F5> (which is what I do) the pane is not cleared
      If I correct the variables and rerun the program using the <run> from the tool bar the pane is cleared

      Try the above variations with this bit of code and only changing the case of the F in any one line

      'This is a test
      NewFile=1
      NewFile=2
      print NewFile
      end

      Is it possible that other anomalies are occurring using the menu bar or shift key to run the code

      Thanks again
      nompse

      To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
      From: rodbird@...
      Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:18:56 +0000
      Subject: [libertybasic] Re: similar variables:

      I'm getting a little confused now about what the problem actually is. The compiler isn't broken, if it sees similar variables they are there.

      So if you correct it and run the code the compiler's similar variables message goes away?

      In what circumstances does the similar variable message reappear after you have fixed it?

      Are you saving and loading to different folders? There might be more than one copy of the program, put a message at the top of the program when you fix it and be sure that message is in the code when you next load it. If it isn't you need to look at where the files are being saved.

    • Norman Eskriett
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 3, 2010
        Hello Stefan
        My bad, Should have said Ctrl
        nompse

        To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
        From: pendl2megabit@...
        Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 20:14:10 +0100
        Subject: RE: [libertybasic] similar variables:

        > I'm getting a little confused now about what the problem
        > actually is. The compiler isn't broken, if it sees similar
        > variables they are there.

        Me too.

        Never encountered such hard to remove similar variables and I have had many of them.

        In addition Alt+G is go to branch label.

        Alt+E+F and Alt+E+G are related to find.

        ----

        Would you mind uploading your code to the files area of this group, so we can run it through the parser.

        Liberty BASIC 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
        Liberty BASIC 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

        Liberty BASIC Bug Tracker ... http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/

        Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit RTM

        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 3, 2010
          Ok, thats a lot clearer. In my view the report should go away no matter how you re run the program. So it is a little bug for Carl to fix. Amazing that it has been hidden for so long.

          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 3, 2010
            Hello Rod

            I was beginning to doubt my sanity and worry that I had a bad setup.
            Maybe I am the only one with dyslexic fingers and who uses keyboard shortcuts and that is the reason it has not come to light.
            I assume that somewhere along the line this will be picked up by the powers that be and no further action will be required or do I have to make out a bug report somewhere.

            Thanks again
            nompse

            To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
            From: rodbird@...
            Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 20:50:31 +0000

            Ok, thats a lot clearer. In my view the report should go away no matter how you re run the program. So it is a little bug for Carl to fix. Amazing that it has been hidden for so long.

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Norman Eskriett <libnomps@...> wrote:

            > Hello Rod
            >
            > I have found the cause but not the answer
            >
            > If I have similar (but not the same variables) then the similar variables pane is shown
            > If I correct the variables and rerun the program using <run>from the menu bar and then <run> from the drop down menu the pane is not cleared
            > If I correct the variables and rerun the program using <shift + F5> (which is what I do) the pane is not cleared
            > If I correct the variables and rerun the program using the <run> from the tool bar the pane is cleared
            >
            > Try the above variations with this bit of code and only changing the case of the F in any one line
            >
            > 'This is a test
            > NewFile=1
            > NewFile=2
            > print NewFile
            > end
            >
            > Is it possible that other anomalies are occurring using the menu bar or shift key to run the code
            >
            > Thanks again
            > nompse
            >

            > To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
            > From: rodbird@...
            > Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:18:56 +0000
            > Subject: [libertybasic] Re: similar variables:
            >

            > I'm getting a little confused now about what the problem actually is. The compiler isn't broken, if it sees similar variables they are there.
            >
            > So if you correct it and run the code the compiler's similar variables message goes away?
            >
            > In what circumstances does the similar variable message reappear after you have fixed it?
            >
            > Are you saving and loading to different folders? There might be more than one copy of the program, put a message at the top of the program when you fix it and be sure that message is in the code when you next load it. If it isn't you need to look at where the files are being saved.

          • Richard Malone
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 3, 2010
              I tried it and it works on my system just as nompse says. Just lucky I guess
              that I've always used the <run> from the tool bar.
              Dick...
              > I have found the cause but not the answer
              >
              > If I have similar (but not the same variables) then the similar variables
              > pane is shown
              > If I correct the variables and rerun the program using <run>from the menu
              > bar and then <run> from the drop down menu the pane is not cleared
              > If I correct the variables and rerun the program using <shift + F5>
              > (which is what I do) the pane is not cleared
              > If I correct the variables and rerun the program using the <run> from the
              > tool bar the pane is cleared
              >
              > Try the above variations with this bit of code and only changing the case
              > of the F in any one line
              >
              > 'This is a test
              > NewFile=1
              > NewFile=2
              > print NewFile
              > end
              >
              > Is it possible that other anomalies are occurring using the menu bar or
              > shift key to run the code
              >
              > Thanks again
              > nompse
              >

              > To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
              > From: rodbird@...
              > Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:18:56 +0000
              > Subject: [libertybasic] Re: similar variables:
              >

              > I'm getting a little confused now about what the problem actually is. The
              > compiler isn't broken, if it sees similar variables they are there.
              >
              > So if you correct it and run the code the compiler's similar variables
              > message goes away?
              >
              > In what circumstances does the similar variable message reappear after you
              > have fixed it?
              >
              > Are you saving and loading to different folders? There might be more than
              > one copy of the program, put a message at the top of the program when you
              > fix it and be sure that message is in the code when you next load it. If
              > it isn't you need to look at where the files are being saved.

            • JanetTerra
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 4, 2010
                --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Norman Eskriett <libnomps@...> wrote:

                > Hello Rod
                >
                > I was beginning to doubt my sanity and worry that I had a bad setup.
                > Maybe I am the only one with dyslexic fingers and who uses keyboard shortcuts and that is the reason it has not come to light.
                > I assume that somewhere along the line this will be picked up by the powers that be and no further action will be required or do I have to make out a bug report somewhere.
                >
                > Thanks again
                > nompse
                >

                > To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
                > From: rodbird@...
                > Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 20:50:31 +0000
                > Subject: [libertybasic] Re: similar variables:

                The bug was added to the LB Bug Tracker.
                http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/IDE+does+not+clear+similar+variable+error+message