Re: loading

  • Gary Purkiss
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2010
      do what the others have said..but i thing you have not said..have you purchased LB because if you are running the free version you can only run programs in the editor..
      if you purchase a copy then you can make stand alone programmes

      gary

    • David
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "green8819" <green8819@...> wrote:

        > Let's say the name of your app is 'antonyms.bas'
        > First create a folder called 'antonyms' on, say, the desktop.
        > In LB, open the app. Then, Run > Create Application
        > Browse to, and click the 'antonyms' folder you just created.
        > In 'File name:", type 'antonyms.exe' and Enter
        > Ten files will now be in the folder.
        > You should add any required .txt or .bmp files to this folder.
        >
        > Chapter 2: How to add your own icon to the titlebar
        >
        > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "David" <ageed18@> wrote:
        > >

        > > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Judith" <jsr.subs@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > You can run the program from within the Liberty editor without compiling.
        > > >
        > > > Judi

        > > Judi
        > >
        > > What I am trying is to run the program as a stand alone in Windows

        Judi

        Thanks for the information I think these is what I have been looking for.

        In your note you added Chapter 2: 'How to add your own icon to the titlebar'

        Were is this the Tutorial with LB and "Beginning Programing with Liberity Basic"; by Carl Gundel I have checked. Do I need to get another book?

        Dave

      • David
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010
          Mike;

          I am glad you were there.

          After reading your helpful mail. Some were my GOLD was not activated and once the code was in all your help fell into place.

          I work with Basic in the DOS format 20 years ago and being retired I pull all those projects. Boy! am I glad for LB; but I am still unlearning.

          thanks Dave

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "green8819" <green8819@...> wrote:

          > First of all, your reply should be on top.
          > Second, call me Mike.
          >
          > You can find the Help menu everywhere, not just in Liberty Basic.
          >
          > When you open Liberty Basic, you'll see 4 menus on top:
          > File, Edit, Run, Help
          >
          > Click:
          > Help > Liberty BASIC Help
          >
          > On the left pane, click:
          > Creating a Tokenized File
          > Creating an Application
          > Using the Runtime Engine
          > Icon Editor
          >
          > What I posted was my own explanation. You'll not find "Chapter 2" in the Help files.
          >
          > Tell me, were you able to create a trial application successfully?
          >
          > A trial is just a folder with the 10 files. You can delete the folder, and try again with different folder name and file name.
          >

          > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "David" <ageed18@> wrote:
          > >

          > > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "green8819" <green8819@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Let's say the name of your app is 'antonyms.bas'
          > > > First create a folder called 'antonyms' on, say, the desktop.
          > > > In LB, open the app. Then, Run > Create Application
          > > > Browse to, and click the 'antonyms' folder you just created.
          > > > In 'File name:", type 'antonyms.exe' and Enter
          > > > Ten files will now be in the folder.
          > > > You should add any required .txt or .bmp files to this folder.
          > > >
          > > > Chapter 2: How to add your own icon to the titlebar

          > > Judi
          > >
          > > Thanks for the information I think these is what I have been looking for.
          > >
          > > In your note you added Chapter 2: 'How to add your own icon to the titlebar'
          > >
          > > Were is this the Tutorial with LB and "Beginning Programing with Liberity Basic"; by Carl Gundel I have checked. Do I need to get another book?
          > >
          > > Dave

        • Gordon S
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2010
            You may have already realized the MAINWINDOW of LB is much the same as DOS Qbasic except no graphics are available. If you have experience of using QB under DOS you might like to download copy of LB Newsletter 121 from http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/ which includes help of mine in converting QB code to LB.

            Gordon S.