fs_08.bas

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2010
      Good Morning,
      I downloaded the text - based flight simulator called fs_08.bas.
      I cannot get it to work it keeps saying, "bmp not found", and the error log says the same thing. I copied everything into one directory and it still says, "bmp not found".
      Am I doing something wrong? I really want to see this program and any help is appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Marc
    • rod_bird001
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2010
        Provide the link to the file, saves me guessing or dusting off the crystal ball:)

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Marc" <mrossi8888@...> wrote:

        > Good Morning,
        > I downloaded the text - based flight simulator called fs_08.bas.
        > I cannot get it to work it keeps saying, "bmp not found", and the error log says the same thing. I copied everything into one directory and it still says, "bmp not found".
        > Am I doing something wrong? I really want to see this program and any help is appreciated.
        > Thanks,
        > Marc

      • Marc Rossi
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010
          http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=software&action=display&num=1223267787

          Provide the link to the file, saves me guessing or dusting off the crystal ball:)

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Marc" <mrossi8888@...> wrote:

          > Good Morning,
          > I downloaded the text - based flight simulator called fs_08.bas.
          > I cannot get it to work it keeps saying, "bmp not found", and the error log says the same thing. I copied everything into one directory and it still says, "bmp not found".
          > Am I doing something wrong? I really want to see this program and any help is appreciated.
          > Thanks,
          > Marc

        • rod_bird001
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010
            Download the .zip and unzip it as it comes keeping the folder structure intact. If you are using Vista RIGHT click on the bmp files and ensure that they have not been locked by Vista. In the General tab there will be text stating the file has been locked for security reasons, if this is so click the option to unlock the file.

            It is not a text based flight sim it is a full feature wire frame flight sim with working graphical instrumentation.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010

              > > Good Morning,
              > > I downloaded the text - based flight simulator called fs_08.bas.
              > > I cannot get it to work it keeps saying, "bmp not found",
              > and the error log says the same thing. I copied everything
              > into one directory and it still says, "bmp not found".
              > > Am I doing something wrong? I really want to see this
              > program and any help is appreciated.
              > > Thanks,
              > > Marc
              > >

              > Provide the link to the file, saves me guessing or dusting
              > off the crystal ball:)

              The official link is http://nally.wikispaces.com/file/view/fs.zip

              How do you start the BAS file?

              If you open LB first and navigate to the BAS file, the working folder might be set incorrectly.

              Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
              Liberty BASIC 4.04 RC2 ........... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

              Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit RTM
              AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM
            • Marc Rossi
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010
                Yes , Vista.  I got it working.  The folders were 'locked' thanks,
                Marc :-)