Re: [libertybasic] w i d e printing

  • David Speck
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2010
      Mark,

      I believe a known "feature" of the current version of LB is that the
      printer dialog doesn't work, as you have determined by experimentation.

      A clumsy workaround is to set the default format of the default printer
      to the 11 x 17 landscape mode in the Windows Control panel. I believe
      that you can then print in the desired format, though it may mess up
      other software using this printer.

      Another dodge that I used is to investigate the RTF (Rich Text Format)
      file structure. This allows you to mix font sizes and styles on a
      single page. Only downside is that you have to generate the page to a
      .RTF file (easy to do in LB) and then print it with Word.

      Some of those on this list who are more comfortable with these things
      could show you how to use a LB command sequence to then open Word and
      automatically print the RTF file without direct user intervention.

      HTH,

      Dave

      On 4/27/2010 12:23 PM, remarkableone54 wrote:
      > greetings:
      >
      > I am attempting to print on a wide printer in 11x17, landscape mode.
      >
      > I have tried and read all the material available, but the program seems to ignore the PrinterDialog setting. I can change it but no effect on the printout! maybe I'm overlooking something.
      >
      > the program prints to the screen just great, and I can view it with the scroll bars.
      >
      > I need to be able to print with the print command as I have different fonts on the same page.
      >
      > right now, my program prints out only in Portrait Mode.
      >
      > the printer works in wide mode, both landscape and portrait with word, excel, access, etc. but will not work with my program using Liberty basic 4.03 Gold.
      >
      > I have 3 different development machines, with XP, Vista and Windows 7
      > no, difference.
      >
      > any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > thanks,
      > mark
    • rod_bird001
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 12:59 AM
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "remarkableone54" <remarkableone54@...> wrote:

        > greetings:
        >
        > I am attempting to print on a wide printer in 11x17, landscape mode.
        >
        > I have tried and read all the material available, but the program seems to ignore the PrinterDialog setting. I can change it but no effect on the printout! maybe I'm overlooking something.
        >
        > the program prints to the screen just great, and I can view it with the scroll bars.
        >
        > I need to be able to print with the print command as I have different fonts on the same page.
        >
        > right now, my program prints out only in Portrait Mode.
        >
        > the printer works in wide mode, both landscape and portrait with word, excel, access, etc. but will not work with my program using Liberty basic 4.03 Gold.
        >
        > I have 3 different development machines, with XP, Vista and Windows 7
        > no, difference.
        >
        > any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > thanks,
        > mark

        if you google Alyce's Restaurant you will find a work round .dll that lets you print in landscape mode.