changing to 1024 x 768 pixels in LB

  • Yshua
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 12:58 PM
      Thank you, Stefan:

      Finally made changes to make program runnable....

      fed data lines to create random access file, custstor.dat
      changed newvers.bas to newvers.dat
      changed my own up and down bitmaps to bmp folder substitutes
      changed bmpbuttons to bmp folder yellow bmpbutton
      added comments
      only bottom 3 buttons still inoperable needing other files as yet.

      Thanks again for pointing out what should have been obvious oversights. Hope this helps to find where runtime error: dynamic link
      library call error is coming from the four lines so annotated in the program. Take these out and click up and down arrows to get the gist
      of the program....

      Once again, help!
      Yshua Calkins
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2010

        > Thank you, Stefan:
        >
        > Finally made changes to make program runnable....
        >
        > fed data lines to create random access file, custstor.dat
        > changed newvers.bas to newvers.dat
        > changed my own up and down bitmaps to bmp folder substitutes
        > changed bmpbuttons to bmp folder yellow bmpbutton
        > added comments
        > only bottom 3 buttons still inoperable needing other files as yet.
        >
        > Thanks again for pointing out what should have been
        > obvious oversights. Hope this helps to find where runtime
        > error: dynamic link
        > library call error is coming from the four lines so annotated
        > in the program. Take these out and click up and down arrows
        > to get the gist
        > of the program....
        >
        > Once again, help!
        > Yshua Calkins

        According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183411(VS.85).aspx the API function must be translated as follows:

        '---code start (watch for line wraps)

        calldll #user32, "ChangeDisplaySettingsA",_
        lpDevMode as struct,_
        dwflags as ulong,_
        result as long

        '---code end

        Make sure to read the remarks section at the link above, which has very important information.

        To correctly translate API functions, you will have to check the requirements box at the bottom of each description.

        I don't know where you got the call from, but I encourage you to use MSDN.

        To convert API function check out http://www.b6sw.com/forum/content.php?mode=hints&t=235 , which has the best conversion tables for
        data types available.

        Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
        Liberty BASIC 4.04 RC2 ........... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe