FILEDIALOG

  • titan2guy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
      Is there any way to make the FILEDIALOG command go into "details" mode -- where the date, time, filesize, etc are shown instead of just names (two clicks on the items doesn't count, I want to do it from LB)? If there is (and while I'm asking), is there anyway to make the list sort on "date modified".

      More TIA,
      Ken
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010

        > Is there any way to make the FILEDIALOG command go into
        > "details" mode -- where the date, time, filesize, etc are
        > shown instead of just names (two clicks on the items doesn't
        > count, I want to do it from LB)? If there is (and while I'm
        > asking), is there anyway to make the list sort on "date modified".
        >
        > More TIA,
        > Ken

        Not with native commands and even using the Windows API, it is not trivial.

        I can not remember any example code to do this.

        Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
        Liberty BASIC 4.04 RC2 ........... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

        Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit RTM
        AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM
      • Bill Lopez
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
          Check out the FILES command in the helpfile. Pay particular attention to the Info$(x, y) array to test for file existence.

          Info$(1,2) will give you the date stamp when the file was created. Key on that for sorting.

          Above all, don't make your coding any more difficult than it must be. Make the helpfile your friend and save yourself a lot of work.

        • rod_bird001
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2010
            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "titan2guy" <kakeen@...> wrote:

            > Is there any way to make the FILEDIALOG command go into "details" mode -- where the date, time, filesize, etc are shown instead of just names (two clicks on the items doesn't count, I want to do it from LB)? If there is (and while I'm asking), is there anyway to make the list sort on "date modified".
            >
            > More TIA,
            > Ken

            Can you approach it from the other end and place the date and time in the file name when they are created? Or are these files other applications have created?