RE: [libertybasic] Lost Formating In This Group

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010

      > >Seems to me that we've been here before
      >
      > Yes, we have. and it turns out that I was wrong. It seems no
      > matter how many email accounts or forums I may belong to, no
      > two of them behave alike. One must learn each in turn. I
      > don't call that "user friendly." "What you see is what you
      > get" is hardly a new term, but only a few seem to feel it's
      > desirable. What's up with that? Well, we all know that a
      > perfect program must anticipate every possible option, which
      > is practically impossible. Still, "WYSIWYG" ought to be well
      > understood by the entire computer universe, by this time. ;(

      HTML messages will consolidate any number of spaces in a row into one single space, so do not use HTML messages.
      To preserve code formatting, without the need to enable special things, use ASCII (plain text) messages only.

      Since this is an e-mail group, there is nothing I gain from receiving/sending HTML messages.
      Receiving only plain text messages gets rid of the annoying advertisements too.

      Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      Liberty BASIC 4.04 RC1 ........... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

      Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit RTM
      AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pendl" wrote:
        > Since this is an e-mail group...

        You may be accessing the group by email, but I am not and I would guess many other members aren't either. When accessing the group via its web interface, one doesn't have the option of selecting HTML or ASCII when posting messages. The only option available is to 'Use Fixed Width Font' when *viewing* messages.

        The group's web interface is here:

        Richard.