Re: [libertybasic] HLP

  • Glenn
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
      Liberty 4.03 Help as a pdf.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Henrik
      To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 11:29 AM
      Subject: Re: [libertybasic] HLP

      Thank you, Jim McGinn, that program called “Windows6.0-KB917607-x86.msu” for vista 32 bit. and there is another one for vista 64 bit called "Windows6.0-KB917607-x64.msu"they are working only with vista,they do not work with windows 7.
      Still need a help to view HLP file of LB v4.03 on windows 7, any suggestion will be applied with many thanks.

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
        I don't understand this, that kb http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607%c2%a0has a link to "Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7"

        Isn't that what you need?

        Thank you, Jim McGinn,  that program called “Windows6.0-KB917607 -x86.msu” for vista 32 bit. and there is another one for vista 64 bit called "Windows6.0- KB917607- x64.msu"they are working only  with vista,they do not work with windows 7.
        Still need a help to view HLP file of LB v4.03 on windows 7, any suggestion will be applied with many thanks.

        > When I upgraded XP Windows to Vista then I had to download and install "
        > Windows6.0-KB917607 -x86 software" to view HLP File of Liberty BASIC v4.03.
        > Now I upgraded Vista to Windows 7 and have same problem, HLP file of LB
        > v4.03 cannot be viewed and when I try to install "
        > Windows6.0-KB917607 -x86" to view HLP File then I get a message saying "The
        > update is not applicable to your computer"
        > If I upgrade LB v4.03 to v4.04 then there is no problem.
        > But I like the HLP of v4.03, it is more useful to me then of v4.04. so is
        > there any way to view the HLP file of LB v4.03 on Widows 7.
        > Thanking you

      • psycho_bullet_stopper
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
          henrik,

          I am running LB V4.03 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and used this file from Microsoft to utilize the old style help files:
          _WinHlp32 for Windows 7 x64 & Windows 7 x86

          I don't have the exact address I downloaded it from so hopefully a search by that name will find it for you (otherwise it's small enough I could probably email it to you)

          John "Psycho" Siejkowski

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "henriknilson" <henriknilson@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          > When I upgraded XP Windows to Vista then I had to download and install " Windows6.0-KB917607-x86 software" to view HLP File of Liberty BASIC v4.03.
          > Now I upgraded Vista to Windows 7 and have same problem, HLP file of LB v4.03 cannot be viewed and when I try to install " Windows6.0-KB917607-x86" to view HLP File then I get a message saying "The update is not applicable to your computer"
          > If I upgrade LB v4.03 to v4.04 then there is no problem.
          > But I like the HLP of v4.03, it is more useful to me then of v4.04. so is there any way to view the HLP file of LB v4.03 on Widows 7.
          > Thanking you

        • Henrik
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
            Thank you so much John "Psycho" Siejkowski,that is what I need exactly, I have downloaded the necessary file, the name of it, is “WinHlp32 for Windows 7 x86 & x64 Komeil.cab “, after extraction, the installer  will use MS DOS for installation.
            Also thanks to laurie camion for the link he provided

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 11, 2009

              > Liberty 4.03 Help as a pdf.

              This is included on the CD that you can purchase.

              As an interim solution to the .HLP problem you can get a temporary .CHM file at http://basic.wikispaces.com/LB_CHM_HelpFile

              Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
              Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

              Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
              AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM
            • Henrik
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 11, 2009
                Many thanks for all who discussed  the  HLP file of LB and special thanks for Stefan Pendl

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 14, 2009
                  hiyyah
                  im on windows vista and can't view the help files says i don't have (winhlp32.exe) but when i checked my windows programs i do have it, so whats the deal with me not able to view the help files, is there a download link you could give me to go to, to get the right kind of software or whatever i need to view them. plz thankyou
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 12, 2009

                    Please follow the hints at http://basic.wikispaces.com/Installing_on_Vista

                    Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
                    Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

                    Books at http://www.lulu.com/
                    APIs for Liberty BASIC ..................... by Alyce
                    Beginning Programming with Liberty BASIC ... by Carl

                    Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2