Re: [libertybasic] HLP

  • Henrik
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
      Thank you, Jim McGinn,  that program called “Windows6.0-KB917607-x86.msu” for vista 32 bit. and there is another one for vista 64 bit called "Windows6.0-KB917607-x64.msu"they are working only  with vista,they do not work with windows 7.
      Still need a help to view HLP file of LB v4.03 on windows 7, any suggestion will be applied with many thanks.

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
        Liberty 4.03 Help as a pdf.

        Thank you, Jim McGinn, that program called “Windows6.0-KB917607-x86.msu” for vista 32 bit. and there is another one for vista 64 bit called "Windows6.0-KB917607-x64.msu"they are working only with vista,they do not work with windows 7.
        Still need a help to view HLP file of LB v4.03 on windows 7, any suggestion will be applied with many thanks.

        > When I upgraded XP Windows to Vista then I had to download and install "
        > Windows6.0-KB917607 -x86 software" to view HLP File of Liberty BASIC v4.03.
        > Now I upgraded Vista to Windows 7 and have same problem, HLP file of LB
        > v4.03 cannot be viewed and when I try to install "
        > Windows6.0-KB917607 -x86" to view HLP File then I get a message saying "The
        > update is not applicable to your computer"
        > If I upgrade LB v4.03 to v4.04 then there is no problem.
        > But I like the HLP of v4.03, it is more useful to me then of v4.04. so is
        > there any way to view the HLP file of LB v4.03 on Widows 7.
        > Thanking you

      • laurie camion
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
          I don't understand this, that kb http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607%c2%a0has a link to "Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7"

          Isn't that what you need?

          Thank you, Jim McGinn,  that program called “Windows6.0-KB917607 -x86.msu” for vista 32 bit. and there is another one for vista 64 bit called "Windows6.0- KB917607- x64.msu"they are working only  with vista,they do not work with windows 7.
          Still need a help to view HLP file of LB v4.03 on windows 7, any suggestion will be applied with many thanks.

          > When I upgraded XP Windows to Vista then I had to download and install "
          > Windows6.0-KB917607 -x86 software" to view HLP File of Liberty BASIC v4.03.
          > Now I upgraded Vista to Windows 7 and have same problem, HLP file of LB
          > v4.03 cannot be viewed and when I try to install "
          > Windows6.0-KB917607 -x86" to view HLP File then I get a message saying "The
          > update is not applicable to your computer"
          > If I upgrade LB v4.03 to v4.04 then there is no problem.
          > But I like the HLP of v4.03, it is more useful to me then of v4.04. so is
          > there any way to view the HLP file of LB v4.03 on Widows 7.
          > Thanking you

        • psycho_bullet_stopper
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
            henrik,

            I am running LB V4.03 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and used this file from Microsoft to utilize the old style help files:
            _WinHlp32 for Windows 7 x64 & Windows 7 x86

            I don't have the exact address I downloaded it from so hopefully a search by that name will find it for you (otherwise it's small enough I could probably email it to you)

            John "Psycho" Siejkowski

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "henriknilson" <henriknilson@...> wrote:

            > Hello
            > When I upgraded XP Windows to Vista then I had to download and install " Windows6.0-KB917607-x86 software" to view HLP File of Liberty BASIC v4.03.
            > Now I upgraded Vista to Windows 7 and have same problem, HLP file of LB v4.03 cannot be viewed and when I try to install " Windows6.0-KB917607-x86" to view HLP File then I get a message saying "The update is not applicable to your computer"
            > If I upgrade LB v4.03 to v4.04 then there is no problem.
            > But I like the HLP of v4.03, it is more useful to me then of v4.04. so is there any way to view the HLP file of LB v4.03 on Widows 7.
            > Thanking you

          • Henrik
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
              Thank you so much John "Psycho" Siejkowski,that is what I need exactly, I have downloaded the necessary file, the name of it, is “WinHlp32 for Windows 7 x86 & x64 Komeil.cab “, after extraction, the installer  will use MS DOS for installation.
              Also thanks to laurie camion for the link he provided

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 11, 2009

                > Liberty 4.03 Help as a pdf.

                This is included on the CD that you can purchase.

                As an interim solution to the .HLP problem you can get a temporary .CHM file at http://basic.wikispaces.com/LB_CHM_HelpFile

                Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
                Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

                Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
                AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM
              • Henrik
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 11, 2009
                  Many thanks for all who discussed  the  HLP file of LB and special thanks for Stefan Pendl

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 14, 2009
                    hiyyah
                    im on windows vista and can't view the help files says i don't have (winhlp32.exe) but when i checked my windows programs i do have it, so whats the deal with me not able to view the help files, is there a download link you could give me to go to, to get the right kind of software or whatever i need to view them. plz thankyou
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 12, 2009

                      Please follow the hints at http://basic.wikispaces.com/Installing_on_Vista

                      Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
                      Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

                      Books at http://www.lulu.com/
                      APIs for Liberty BASIC ..................... by Alyce
                      Beginning Programming with Liberty BASIC ... by Carl

                      Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2