Modal

  • titan2guy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2009
      I've been tweaking & tuning a program for more hours than I want to admit. It's getting close, so I uncommented the statements I had commented out using the style suffix 'modal'. Unfortunately, the windows now just seem to have a mind of their own when it comes to appearing on the screen. They were nicely centered or appeared where I wanted, but not any more. Any suggestions?

      TitanIIGuy
    • MaxxHuggs
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2009
        http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/nl128/place.htm

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2009

          > I've been tweaking & tuning a program for more hours than I
          > want to admit. It's getting close, so I uncommented the
          > statements I had commented out using the style suffix
          > 'modal'. Unfortunately, the windows now just seem to have a
          > mind of their own when it comes to appearing on the screen.
          > They were nicely centered or appeared where I wanted, but not
          > any more. Any suggestions?
          >
          > TitanIIGuy

          A modal dialog can not be used on its own, it is designed to force the user to enter information and prevent him from accessing
          other windows of the same application until closed.

          The position of the modal dialog is defined as relative to the window of the same application, which was opened before.

          You will need to use the tools in the correct way, all the workarounds are just hints to misuse the tools.

          Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
          Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

          Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2